Are there any plans to add a feedback system to the new site?

wcbrowning

I'm not the admin, but I believe the current plan is a facebook-like reputation system with "likes" from the actual posts.  I'm not quite sure how this would distinguish a good seller/buyer vs. someone who posts a lot of good information on the board that is "liked" but I'm learning too, and willing to wait and see.

See here:  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, broadsword said:

I'm not the admin, but I believe the current plan is a facebook-like reputation system with "likes" from the actual posts.  I'm not quite sure how this would distinguish a good seller/buyer vs. someone who posts a lot of good information on the board that is "liked" but I'm learning too, and willing to wait and see.

See here:  

broadsword,

Yes, that is the current plan.  I'm open to suggestion, but am not aware of a feedback system that could be exactly integrated into this type of site.  The reputation system that we have in place currently will have to do.  We may eventually add a recommended dealer list, but that is down the road.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

42 minutes ago, David Albert said:

broadsword,

Yes, that is the current plan.  I'm open to suggestion, but am not aware of a feedback system that could be exactly integrated into this type of site.  The reputation system that we have in place currently will have to do.  We may eventually add a recommended dealer list, but that is down the road.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

Hi David,

I was thinking about a feedback system like that which is used on AR15.com.  Would it be practical to implement that type of feedback system on your site?  On that site, feedback is tied directly to WTS, WTT, WTB posts, and any user can easily see what another user's feedback is by simply clicking on the user's username.  The feedback is specifically for transactions, and is independent of any sort of "reputation" points/likes.  The quantity/volume of thread posts by a user is irrelevant to the feedback system:  The feedback system strictly keeps track of how actual transactions went, good or bad.

For example, I don't personally post a great deal on sites, but I'm very active buying and selling.  Consequently, I may not accumulate a lot of "reputation" points, but I have a lot of 100% positive feedback for actual transactions, which is verifiable by anyone very easily.  For me personally, I care more about how a buyer or seller's past transactions went, than I do about how many posts they made on a site or how many other users enjoyed the posts that were made.  Thanks for listening. 

Giovanni

Giovanni makes some excellent points concerning feedback. I also believe that our community would be very well-served with a system that provides Reputation based solely on performance in transactions instead of how many people enjoyed a particular individual's posts (which may or may not have anything to do with character). I know you guys are working very hard and I have no idea how difficult this would be to implement but it is definitely worth considering.

Edited by Precision Technology
Grammar error

Since we are not an auction type site, tying direct feedback to a transaction is a little hard.. We can implement a generic feedback system that allows you to tag a user and leave positive or negative feedback, but there is nothing that keeps somebody from tagging somebody else erroneously or maliciously.

One of the reasons we have currently asked folks not to delete or edit out ads, is so that feedback can be left within the ad (at least as a starting point), that the transaction went successfully, etc.... As we develop the site, and see what areas need addressing, we will see about putting in a more effective feedback system for sales, but for now buyers and sellers alike tagging each other in the ads is where this type of info can be found.