mike todd

QUESTIONABLE OFFER !!

5 posts in this topic

DAVID, I HOPE THIS POST IS IN THE RIGHT PLACE  I recently posted a wanted to buy for Nazi mg 42 parts. I did get an offer for a kit with a far away photo of a kit showing NO details. I responded with a request for more info and a current pic showing his name with the parts to verify existence. after a week no reply. I have little experience with all this BS and scam attempts and certainly do not want to unjustly accuse anyone of misdeeds but me thinks something was amiss in the whole thing. anyone have any past dealings with this guy?  JAMES HONEYCUTT ?  email was  jameshoneycutt3@ aol.com.  hope there is some positive feedback out there and he was just fed up with an old codgers rambling and requests  thanx mike

I only accept postal money orders. contact me DIRECTLY before sending any funds                                           email  myoldiron@outlook.com        

there is a bunch of scammers on the CMP forum. This same guys name came up there so proceed with caution, I dont know if its the same guy or not

1 person likes this

i would ask the seller to put it up on GB or Ebay with a buy it now and let you know when they list it...this way you can see their feedback and will have something to go by....

get detailed pics w/ a post it w/ your name on it...this way you know it exists

you could also ask if they know someone from the various gun forums....if someone asked me for a name i could rattle off 6-12 names quickly that ive done business with...its a small community and if you dont know ''someone'' your most likely not in the community

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, mike todd said:

DAVID, I HOPE THIS POST IS IN THE RIGHT PLACE  I recently posted a wanted to buy for Nazi mg 42 parts. I did get an offer for a kit with a far away photo of a kit showing NO details. I responded with a request for more info and a current pic showing his name with the parts to verify existence. after a week no reply. I have little experience with all this BS and scam attempts and certainly do not want to unjustly accuse anyone of misdeeds but me thinks something was amiss in the whole thing. anyone have any past dealings with this guy?  JAMES HONEYCUTT ?  email was  jameshoneycutt3@ aol.com.  hope there is some positive feedback out there and he was just fed up with an old codgers rambling and requests  thanx mike

Mike,

Looks like a scammer.  WTB posts are a fertile field for attracting them.  Always proceed with due caution.

David Albert
dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

1 person likes this

National Rifle Association
Past President, The American Thompson Association
American Society of Arms Collectors
Ohio Gun Collectors Association
Thompson Collectors Association
Carbine Club
Garand Collectors Association
International Ammunition Association
Contributing Writer, Small Arms Review Magazine