Should We Add an HK Specific Market Board?

David Albert

Should We Add an HK Specific Market Board?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about this idea?

We have had a suggestion to add an HK Market Board...We are not sure if we will do this yet.  It would be a market board located under the NFA Board, and would cover all HK items, whether NFA, or not.  It could clear some space for other NFA market posts, while still potentially being a very popular market board.  How do you feel about this idea?  Please respond using the poll feature.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, David Albert said:

Hmmm...I'll have to see why the poll feature doesn't seem to be functioning.  

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

OK, I found and set the option that allows poll voting for all levels of membership.  You should be able to vote in the poll now.  

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

On January 25, 2016 at 0:32 AM, Thequiet1 said:

I like the idea of HK only board but at the same time I am a little concerned that once you start down the path of specific board topics, it may be hard to stop & then you end up with 30+ separate board topics that may make the site too broken up...

I agree.  I like the idea but don't think there is that much HK stuff posted daily to require a seperate board.  I like how you can log on hit 2 or 3 boards and see everything new for sale.  I like the streamline approach.  Now down the road if you are getting a page worth of new ads a day then break it out.

And yes I love HK stuff too!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, pa123guns said:

I agree.  I like the idea but don't think there is that much HK stuff posted daily to require a seperate board.  I like how you can log on hit 2 or 3 boards and see everything new for sale.  I like the streamline approach.  Now down the road if you are getting a page worth of new ads a day then break it out.

And yes I love HK stuff too!

I like that suggestion.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MMissile said:

The old layout was easier to browse, and there are sites in place for specific brands.  I just wish WTB-ads were in the WTB section, and not cluttering up the for-sale ads. 2-cents.

I agree that it would make sense that WTB ads be on the WTB board. However, in my experience on this board, and others, the WTB board seems to get very little traffic. Some of my first posts on Sturm more than a decade ago were on the WTB board which resulted in zero responses again and again. Then, after I realized that I could post my WTB NFA-related ads on the NFA board I would typically get responses within days, hours and sometimes minutes. 

I'm not sure many people who used to regularly "scan" the boards would check the WTB board. So if you wanted to buy something NFA-related you needed to put it where the NFA enthusiasts/dealers go...and that's the NFA board. There's no question that I've purchased a vast amount of stuff off this board, easily far more than I've listed for sale. A large amount of those items were purchased by having people/dealers respond to my WTB ads on the NFA (and Parts) board. One could even argue that a WTB ad posted by a serious buyer is as effective (if not more so) for sales than a WTS ad placed by a seller that now has to deal with the tire kicker types and has to weed through all that mess and wait for the right guy to see his ad. 

With all that being said, if no WTB ads could be placed on ANY board except the WTB board, that may prompt people/dealers to peruse it more often. 

As you said, just another 2-cents...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm an HK guy but don't feel this is nec a good idea. That is to segregate HK discussion or ads from the rest. Slippery slope. May end up w bunches of Manu. specific sub forums. Folks that are true blue HK snobs go to HKpro regardless. 

i like Sturm havjng general gun and general NFA forums. But maybe I'm a relic bc I also preferred the ultra low drag format of the old Sturm site where one could literally eyeball scroll the WTS list and see it all pronto. No hover w delay for sneak preview of additional info, etc. 

And I do miss Buddy chewing every noobs arse raw for not following the rules to the letter. Leave out a colon? Bam! Hammer time. Call me sick but I always chuckled. It was such a tight ship. 

Now I'm not knocking the new format here. I appreciate that piles of effort, $, time went into it. I really do. And I applaud  the mods efforts. I imagine and expect the change ( w logins, etc) to result in less fraudulent ads and BS in general. So it's worth it.