WTS: Transferable Type 24/Chinese Maxim $14,500

Maximvickers

For sale is a transferable Type 24/Chinese Maxim. This actual gun was built by Charles Erb on a nonmatching parts kit. The parts do not match but they are good parts. The gun is currently set up to run in 7.62X54R. This Maxim runs really well. The Chinese Maxim was built for a period of about 3 years in Nationalist China with the help of German engineers. It is a fairly faithful copy of the German 1909 commercial Maxim along with its 1909 tripod. There are approximately 25-30 transferable Chinese maxims in the NFA registry. There are some additional parts that will be available to the buyer if they wish to purchase them. I have more detailed pictures available to interested parties. PRICE $14,500 Buyer is responsible for all transfer taxes, shipping costs and insurance. Here is a link of my son shooting this machine gun https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnHLp0EiPWk

IMG_4677.JPG

IMG_4678.JPG

IMG_4681.JPG

IMG_4685.JPG

IMG_4686.JPG

IMG_4687.JPG

15 minutes ago, eMGunslinger said:

Price is awesome to say the least 

08 sideplate? 

Thanks, No not a 08 sideplate. This Maxim being a copy of the 1909 commercial is 5/8 of an inch shorter than the 08 Maxim. You can use an 08 feed block and barrel in this Maxim. I have an 8mm Chinese lock which when combined with the 08 feed block and barrel allowed me to shoot this gun in 8mm.

I do have another machine gun I am going to put up for sale. It is set up as a Finnish Maxim but it is registered as an 08 Maxim sideplate.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

>No not a 08 sideplate.<

This is correct, but it is still a sideplate MG, not an original, factory C+R T24, but was built using a sideplate manufactured and registered by Erb. A registered MG 08 sideplate can be modified to fit the the '09 style receiver box of the T24, but this gun was built between the end of the '68 Amnesty and May 19, '86, the date that registration for private possession of newly manufactured MGs, in this case sideplates, ceased. Now, only existing registered sideplates can be used to construct a different Maxim using a kit. I know of several registered T24 Maxims that were disassembled and the registered plate reconfigured and assembled to 1910 Russian Maxim kits. Just noting this to clarify the provenance of the gun that is a bit vague in my opinion. Not a criticism of the gun or the poster's comments. The T24s are excellent and unique versions of the Maxims.

Edited by BRMCII

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2017 at 8:34 PM, BRMCII said:

>No not a 08 sideplate.<

This is correct, but it is still a sideplate MG, not an original, factory C+R T24, but was built using a sideplate manufactured and registered by Erb. A registered MG 08 sideplate can be modified to fit the the '09 style receiver box of the T24, but this gun was built between the end of the '68 Amnesty and May 19, '86, the date that registration for private possession of newly manufactured MGs, in this case sideplates, ceased. Now, only existing registered sideplates can be used to construct a different Maxim using a kit. I know of several registered T24 Maxims that were disassembled and the registered plate reconfigured and assembled to 1910 Russian Maxim kits. Just noting this to clarify the provenance of the gun that is a bit vague in my opinion. Not a criticism of the gun or the poster's comments. The T24s are excellent and unique versions of the Maxims.

Bob, is of course completely correct. My comments where aimed at why would anyone cut down a registerd 08 sideplate instead of just making a sideplate to fit the T 24 Maxim. My comments were not in anyway intended to imply or to convey the idea that this machine gun is anything other than what it is. A registered sideplate on a parts kit

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...