WTB my dream guns.... especially a decked out M60

GunMD

First, let me say that I love Sturmgewehr. I've bought a few NFA guns off of Gunbroker, but in my limited experience I've really enjoyed dealing with the folks on here. I'm a private collector and I only buy and I've never sold an NFA item. My experience on Sturm is limited but I can provide references from here (~$30k) and plenty of references from elsewhere, including multiple transactions outstanding (you've got to love the transfer times!) with well known folks like Frank Goepfert at Midwest Tactical and completed transactions covering several dozen NFA items since 2012. I also have cash and upon doing due diligence (scammers need not apply, because I WILL figure you out), I have the ability to pay cash. With that said... I'm actively looking for:

- An M60, preferably an updated one like an E6. However, if you have an older model, I'm open to buying that and then I'll buy one of the kits that's being advertised on here. Either option works, but the gun must be in good working order now.

If you have one, please send me: pics, a description of the item, your ownership, any problems with the gun, included accessories or parts, and your best price. I don't have the time to bargain, either the price works or it doesn't; but the plus is that if we agree on a price, I've got cash and can pay you as soon as we've gotten everything signed.

I'm also looking for another Norrell 10/22 and I'd consider another 1919a4, UZI, MP5, and two guns I don't yet have: a Ma Deuce M2 (50 BMG) and a decked out MAC / RPD / Cobray / SWD with a Lage. if you have one these, please shoot me a note with the above info. 

And to save folks time, if you're looking for retail or above market prices, I'm probably not the right buyer for you. If you're looking for prices above what the dealers will pay you but below the prices they would charge me, then we might be able to find common ground. I know that consumer-to-consumer types of transactions aren't great for the dealers, but that's what I'm looking for. 

At the risk of being repetitive, please include your prices if you're sending me a PM. I won't negotiate and waste your time, but we can't move forward without a price.

Thanks!

GunMD

Edited by GunMD

GunMD,

I understand you thinking. I am getting older and have not taken my shoulder fired automatics out in over 15 years- Yes I call them mouse guns.

Sadly I sold my M2HB 8 years ago, just to heavy. I have a MP5SD by S&H, a Colt M16, modified by COLT to M4 config-Yep, true. and a AM180.

I am keeping my suppressed Morrell full auto for my grand children. I have a Ray Vickers, numbers matching, and a  C&R 1917A1. Let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

I get the bit about not wanting to pay above market prices, but I'm not sure "retail prices" exist for transferable MG's, at least not since before 1986.

I respect the fact that you want to get a good deal, but being a dealer, I don't see the upside in selling my guns to anyone below what another dealer would pay me.

I wish you luck with finding your "dream guns" in the secondary market, but absent lucking up on a firesale and a honest yet desperate seller, I think you may be setting yourself up for disappointment. 

J.M.H.O. and a few years of experience;  super good deals on transferables usually means buying someone else's problems.

If you are looking for anything in particular, in excellent to mint original condition, I can sell to you at a 5% markup; less than most dealers would probably sell the same gun to you for, but not less than what a dealer would pay me.

Currently available on Form 3:

Ramo M2 HB with tripod, several barrels, extra new in wrap stellite barrel, linker, over 8,000 rounds of linked and unlinked ammo of every flavor, and  more

S&W 76, as new - several to choose from.

HK 51, Fleming Push Pin, as new

M14, marked M1A, Springfield Factory M.G., near mint

HK G3, Fleming push pin, near mint.

H&R Reising, C&R war bringback, worn stock, mint condition metal with bright bore

Thanks. Of those, I'm only interested in the M2 HB w/accessories and ammo. Please send pricing. And like I said, I wont waste your time negotiating; you'll get either a yes or a no from me.

Regarding setting myself up for disappointment with this buying strategy, I've been inundated with offers and have bought quite a few of them. In the last couple of months: an American 180, a 1919, a DIAS, and just yesterday I bought a push pin, swing down RR MP5 with burst pack. Two of those were on Gunbroker, so the prices are public: the American 180 was $9,950 and the MP5 was $27k. 

Those prices are higher than I'd get from a dealer if I was trying to sell them, but cheaper than if I was buying them from a store. That's my goal. And to be clear, I don't want this thread to get sidetracked on where the market is for this or that gun; or whether my buying strategy is good or not. That's not the purpose of this forum nor this post. If someone has something to offer, I'd welcome a PM. To save time, please include your price. 

Thanks!

Yes or no works for me. I can keep it or sell it. It sits in my shop and I like looking at it. It is an E.R. MAPLES (pre-RAMO MFG, as I understand it)

If you are going to take the M2 and ALL accessories and ammo, I would sell everything for $42K. Gun is in excellent ++ condition. It is currently mounted on its tripod in a recoil reducing cradle that holds an ammo can that feeds it. Sorry if I don't know all the particulars on the accessories I have, but I can provide many pictures and a full list of everything. I have spent the last 10 years buying M2 HB accessories and ammo. I have a notebook full of receipts that indicate I've got a significant bigger investment in everything than I would be selling it for. I don't have it listed for sale and don't plan to.

I bought it thinking I would be relocating to AZ, which hasn't happened (yet!). I have not shot the gun since I bought it as I have no place to shoot it!

Also my apologies. I misread your next to the last sentence. I thought I read that you wanted guns at better than what fellow Dealers would offer me.

I use to buy Class 3 from Shotgun News (pre-internet). Both good and bad experiences in the secondary market; I guess its easy to forget about the good deals, but you never forget the bad ones!

• 1 month later...

Hey guys. I appreciate the folks who have responded. I'm still looking for:

M60

Norrell 10/22 trigger pack

If you have one of those, please send me the details including your best price. If you want to go back and forth on price, I'm the wrong buyer for you. Sorry.

If you know what your bottom line is and want a quick deal, then I'd love to hear from you, just please include a description and price. 

Thanks!

GunMD

Tried to, but the seller eventually backed out and wanted a higher price. I believe after thinking about it, he thought it was too cheap of a deal with all the ammo. No problem, I understand. 

Edited by GunMD

A couple folks have emailed me without including prices. Please save us both some time. If there's not a price in the email and you haven't heard back from me, that's why. I really appreciate folks putting up a price based upon which we can close a deal. And if that's not the way you want to do business, no problem - there are plenty of hagglers out there and you'll have no problem finding someone wanting to go back and forth with you. Thank you!