NFA-Exempt Sig 510-4's?

From biggerhammer.net: "In 1969 several SIG 510-4's, perhaps less than a dozen, were imported into the US. These were legally parallel to the FN "G" series rifle in that they were built around full automatic receivers with semi automatic internals. However, BATF approved these rifles as semi-automatics and therefore not falling under the restrictions of the NFA."

Anyone know first if this is true, and if so, the serial numbers for these NFA-exempt 510-4/AMTs? They would be worth watching out for.....

The only thing I know for certain was that Larry Gaglio from Capital City Firearms in Richmond Virginia had one for sale many, many, years ago.  The one(s) he was selling was equipped with a 510-4 type barrel and a bayonet lug.  Other than that, it looked like an AMT.

8 hours ago, Nitzel said:

Wow!  So how would someone know its legit and actually one of the exempted guns?  Do you recall how it was advertised?

Do an inter-web search, get Larry's phone number, and give him a call.  I'm sure he has pictures of it.  If I remember correctly, he also had a SIG 542, SIG 543, and FN-CAL for sale too.