Ok, so we decide to buy a high end commercial blasting cabinet. we go on e-bay and search. I find a company called Bad Boy Blasters in Canton, Ohio. He's advertising MADE IN THE USA blasters . Made in the USA is plastered all over his product. HMMM OK...US made, must be good stuff. I watch there promotional video, the product appears to be very good. I call this place, get a guy named Mark(VP) on the phone and then the sales pitch begins. I send him an email after the conversation and ask SPECIFICALLY are the blasters made in the USA with US components or China? He says , well we USED to have them made in China, but now they are US made with US components. Didn't sound right but I pop for the $4K for a "premium unit" Model 1050, and almost immediately I realize I made a HUGE mistake dealing with these assclowns. They have the wrong freight co pick the machine up for delivery to me, so now it's on a loading dock of the wrong shipping co. They in the mean time continue to tell me the unit has been shipped and is in transit, while it's still in a warehouse being stored, since the trucking co was not working on the Dec.23rd. I call Clear Lane Freight, and they tell me it's on their dock, but it was sent by accident, Pitt Ohio is actually who it should have gone to. FUCK! Now the unit is waiting to be picked up on 12/23/2016, no way to get it before the holidays. So it gets stuck over the holidays in a warehouse, all this time nothing from Bad Boy, I'm doing all the calling and inquiry and getting PISSED, WTF?

I finally get a call from Pitt Ohio to confirm a delivery date and time. Mark calls and says , just a small problem. The wheel kit will  not be with the machine, he'll ship them in a couple of days. A week goes by , nothing. I call and his wife says they are shipped. Another week goes by, no wheels. I call and he's yelling in the phone "his stupid fucking wife did" blah, blah, blah. Seems she sent 2 correct wheels, and 2 incorrect wheels. FUCK! Send us back the wrong wheels and we;ll send you the correct ones. Another week, nothing. Not even the wrong wheels. I call and he says they are to be shipped as of last Friday per UPS. I know this is bullshit now because we are set up with UPS Choice. I get notices 2 days before any delivery. Of course Friday came and went, no wheels. THAT"S f-ing it, I hit the roof, called my CC company, cancelled the deal, got my $4K back and now this piece of shit is blocking the garage side of my shop. If it's not picked up in 30 days it's going to the scrap yard. Moral is never believe all that you hear and only 50% of what you see. Bad Boy Blasters are a joke. They source their parts from Harbor Freight, seriously. Stay away from these people, bad news!!

FWIW,

R.L.

• 2 weeks later...

We received our new MADE in America blast cabinet... no really this one really IS made in America, parts too!! Skat Blast model 1536 cabinet...very nice unit. I can fit an entire Barrett M82A1 in this one. 58" long. 

No Harbor Freight sourced parts, no warranty issues, no b.s. 

5 year guarantee PLUS a 90 day in shop guarantee, you don't like it, pay shipping back and you get all of your $$ back.

Not too many manufacturers offer a guarantee like that.

TP Tool in Ohio, great people, great product. They sell on ebay too.

FWIW,

R.L.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry I just saw this. I don't visit as regularly these days. If you look on the data plates for all of the pneumatic parts on your blaster, including the pressure tank, I think you'll see they are all Taiwanese/  Chinese parts.

The pressure tank is Taiwanese, and NOT ASME rated, sourced from Harbor Freight. No test plate/tag, no working pressure listed anywhere. Not what I like to see in a pressure vessel. Their owners manual is a generic manual, not copyrighted, not theirs.

Since manufacturing high pressure steam vessels was part of my work history, standing next to an unrated tank with 100+lbs of pressure doesn't thrill me too much.If that tank lets loose while UR standing next to it, it's not going to be a good day for you.

They openly admitted that "previously" the blasters were indeed Chinese, but now are made in the USA?? Whatever that meant.The unit they shipped me was pure junk. I guess you got lucky with your unit.

The Skat Blast 1536 unit we use is a genuine commercial unit and built very well. Every part is USA manufactured which I like. TP Tool is one of our best vendors. They are 100% oriented to customer satisfaction, and their pricing is great.

FWIW,

R.L.

The 1536 Skat Blast commercial unit we bought is super.. All the media ends up in the hopper, where it belongs unlike the BBB units that scatter media all along the edge of the shelf. The 5 cartridge Hepa filter dust collector is very efficient. There is absolutely no dust blow back into the shop what so ever. The reclaim unit is handy for saving media that is still usable. Skat Blast units come with a tungsten carbide nozzle which last much longer. Sometimes ya gotta experience bad to know good! Best thing is the customer service. TP tool has great C.S.

R.L.