Welcome to the New Sturmgewehr.com Forums!

For the first 16 1/2 years after launching Sturmgewehr.com in June, 1999, the website looked almost exactly the same.  Except for the 3 different website icons, and some minor background software updates that were available while the legacy software remained supported, the site appeared the same as it did on the first day it was launched.  We kept the old format much longer than expected.

Sturmgewehr.com was founded to carry on the tradition of the FJ Vollmer site - to provide a place for folks to buy/sell/talk about guns in a lively but friendly atmosphere.  The internet has changed a bit since those days, so everybody has had to become a little more hardened and cautious, but we remember our roots.  We want to return to them as much as we can, leveraging powerful new capability that a board software like this one can provide.  Sturm launched immediately upon the closure of the Vollmer site, and it remains extremely well known in the firearm community, and ubiquitous to the NFA community.

We hope you will like and explore the new capabilities.  Many of you may already be familiar with this type of format, particularly if you are a member of our sister board, Machinegunboards.com.  MGBoard members will be able to log in to Sturm using their existing credentials.

There's more to come in the transition, but the immediate change you will notice is that it's easier to post with pictures, and that you must use a member login to post.  If you stopped frequenting Sturmgewehr.com in the past, we hope you will take a fresh look.  It looks a little different, but we are confident that in short time, it will become a welcomed change.

New and easier rules have been posted.  We now have one advertising banner that will be available for up to 5 Admiral level supporters.  This is necessary to help support the site.  

As the new board progresses, we will post updates, and tutorials that will help everyone become more familiar with the additional features.  

Welcome to the New Sturmgewehr.com Forums!

Andy and David Albert

• Like 2

Now that I have the I/E8 issues straightened out, the board looks great. I started using Google Chrome to access the new boards and now it's working great,

I like the new format, I'm still working on posting pics with ads.

Once you decide on how you will structure payment for supporting the site let me know.

I've been using the Sturm boards since day one. They have been instrumental not just for selling and buying, but they have been a wealth of information over the years.

I'm all in supporting the site financially.

S&F

R.L. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I am working around with the changed format and hoping to become familiar with it soon.  The sturmgewehr board was my main source for tracking values and obtaining a collection a few years ago, and it provided a great service.  I was fortunate to have dealt with great people and I did not experience the spammers or frauds.  Thank you for the resource to find people with similar interests.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

FJ Vollmer 

There is a name I haven't seen or heard anyone talk about in years... Maybe it's just me cause I haven't been active in the marketplace as recent Lol... The days Vollmer advertised full page display ads in Shotgun News buying & selling NFA weapons, openly advertising his buying & selling prices for everyone to see. He was the biggest name in NFA weapons.

I want to say thank you for the site! 

Edited by Rooster2412
Thank You

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Greetings all,

I am happy to be here. I had been avoiding forums for several years; I had gotten my fill of trolls and keyboard commandos.

A colleague of mine told me about this forum and I thought I would drop in. I like it!

Looking forward to getting to know some folks here, maybe even making some friends along the way.

-M24

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...