Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
David Albert

Welcome to the New Sturmgewehr.com Forums!

18 posts in this topic

For the first 16 1/2 years after launching Sturmgewehr.com in June, 1999, the website looked almost exactly the same.  Except for the 3 different website icons, and some minor background software updates that were available while the legacy software remained supported, the site appeared the same as it did on the first day it was launched.  We kept the old format much longer than expected.

Sturmgewehr.com was founded to carry on the tradition of the FJ Vollmer site - to provide a place for folks to buy/sell/talk about guns in a lively but friendly atmosphere.  The internet has changed a bit since those days, so everybody has had to become a little more hardened and cautious, but we remember our roots.  We want to return to them as much as we can, leveraging powerful new capability that a board software like this one can provide.  Sturm launched immediately upon the closure of the Vollmer site, and it remains extremely well known in the firearm community, and ubiquitous to the NFA community.

We hope you will like and explore the new capabilities.  Many of you may already be familiar with this type of format, particularly if you are a member of our sister board, Machinegunboards.com.  MGBoard members will be able to log in to Sturm using their existing credentials.

There's more to come in the transition, but the immediate change you will notice is that it's easier to post with pictures, and that you must use a member login to post.  If you stopped frequenting Sturmgewehr.com in the past, we hope you will take a fresh look.  It looks a little different, but we are confident that in short time, it will become a welcomed change.

New and easier rules have been posted.  We now have one advertising banner that will be available for up to 5 Admiral level supporters.  This is necessary to help support the site.  

As the new board progresses, we will post updates, and tutorials that will help everyone become more familiar with the additional features.  

Welcome to the New Sturmgewehr.com Forums!

Andy and David Albert

2 people like this

National Rifle Association
Past President, The American Thompson Association
American Society of Arms Collectors
Ohio Gun Collectors Association
Thompson Collectors Association
Carbine Club
Garand Collectors Association
International Ammunition Association
Contributing Writer, Small Arms Review Magazine
Co-Author, "Thompson Manuals, Catalogs, & Other Paper Items" Collector Guide
One of the "Other Authors" of "The Ultimate Thompson Book," by Tracie L. Hill
Eagle Scout, and Member of NESA

Thank you!

1 person likes this

New site is working well, posting is easy and the Pictures are much easier with the ability to add multiple, woo hoo :D

A vise block Sturm.jpg

2 people like this

Dennis Scheid: Owner of NFA Investments and www.investmentguns.com

FFL/SOT Class III (63) Dealer in Portland, OR. Since 2005 

Cell #’s 503-720-2280 or escheid@comcast.net

We specialize in Heckler & Koch weapons, Colt M16’s and Pre 86 Dealer Sample weapons.

All items posted for sale, are in our inventory and NFA items are on Form 3’s ready for transfer.

Me likey--- thank you!!! ;)

Tony

1 person likes this

The new site looks great and thank you for everything you do.

1 person likes this

Und so beginnt die neu Sturm......

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, Josey Wales said:

Und so beginnt die neu Sturm......

Aye Lad!

1 person likes this

Looks great so far!

1 person likes this

Thanks for the new board!

1 person likes this

Looking forward to the new format and ease of use. hope it continues to keep the spam and cheats out..... will miss the posts from Buddy zapping people...you should give him his own forum for people that miss a little of the old iron fist days xD

Now that I have the I/E8 issues straightened out, the board looks great. I started using Google Chrome to access the new boards and now it's working great,

I like the new format, I'm still working on posting pics with ads.

Once you decide on how you will structure payment for supporting the site let me know.

I've been using the Sturm boards since day one. They have been instrumental not just for selling and buying, but they have been a wealth of information over the years.

I'm all in supporting the site financially.

S&F

R.L. 

1 person likes this

I love the new look of the site.  Thanks for all the hard work y'all put into upgrading and updating everything!

1 person likes this

I used to lurk on the old site but this new setup made me decide to register, I like it.

1 person likes this

The new board is looking good, thanks David, and thank you to Buddy for the past diligent board monitoring!

1 person likes this

Thank you for the new board.   It looks great!

1 person likes this

I came back after not visiting for while. What a great change.  Congrats.

JR

I haven't been here in a while. This is definitely a change. I honestly did not think Sturm would go the sign in route:o

I guess it keeps out the riff raff... for the most part hopefully. Look forward to checking it out.

1 person likes this