Fraud Alert!!!!

Inverse Firearms

To all,

We are re-posting the below message because someone has been scammed by someone impersonating us.  In short, we do not send out unsolicited emails and never ask for payment to be sent to anyone but us at our premise address in Dayton, Ohio.  ALWAYS feel free to pick up the phone and verify who you are talking with.  We live in an age of scammers and we want you to call us before sending out any money! You can can call me direct at (937) 470-7466. 

Please note that someone is trying to impersonate Inverse Inc. buy using an email similar to ours.  This scammer emails you once you publicly post your contact information under our ad(s) or the ads of others selling on this site.  The fictitious email being used in our case is inversefiream@gmail.com.  Our legitimate email is inversefirearms@gmail.com.  They are very similar but different; note the missing "s" in "firearms".  Please be careful with all your transactions and make sure the person corresponding with you is who you think they are by verifying emails, addresses, phone numbers, etc..  Make sure the email used to send you information is from the person you think you are dealing with.

We ask that you do not post under our ads, please just contact us directly.  

Thanks,

Trent Warncke, President

Inverse Firearms

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Bottom line, it is not a good idea to post your e-mail address in a reply to an ad.  Here are some reasons:

• It signals your intent to a potential scammer - They know exactly what you want, and where to send you their request for payment
  • They may appear to have a similar address to the person who posted the ad...Just think about how easy it is to get a free, customized e-mail address - This can be done anywhere in the world
  • It's poor etiquette...You should be reaching out to the seller, not asking them to contact you
  • You should contact the seller using the PM feature, or through their e-mail address directly, without posting your e-mail in a reply to their original ad for all to see

A buyer should always speak to the seller.  Vet them out.  Be appropriately cautious before you send out hundreds, or thousands of dollars.  Never wire money...Never, ever.  Do not send funds via Moneygram.  Once you speak to the person, and are comfortable that they do not appear to be a scammer, check their address and contact information.  Check their FFL address against the ATF database.  Check their address on Google Street View, and see if it appears valid.  Visit them, and see the gun in person, especially if it's very expensive.  If the deal is too good, or anything doesn't feel right, walk away.  Don't get greedy.  If the deal is too good, there's a problem.

David Albert
dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

Jestre759 ...... you are asking a question .... few will see ..... this post is for OUTING  Known scammers ...... not Asking about a seller 

go post your question over on Sturms General Firearms Discussion Board

your Title MUST have the guys name ... City/Town .. State ...AND email address .... IN YOUR TITLE ......

Like this >>>> Do business with Bob Durkin in  Chaptico, MD  [ add email address ] 

HELP US ...... HELP YOU !! 

• 1 year later...

Recently scammed by "Midyett120" and his side kick " robertsonjack069@gmail.com "

Do not deal with these scum bags. Midyett120 replied to me via PM on an ad I placed for G17 slide. He referred me to the email above.

The rest is history as they say. No emails no replies.

Austin3 and his friend tommieherbert27@gmail.com are scammers. Got a DM from Austin3 in regard to a WTB post I put up for a Max11k. Austin3 told me to contact that email to Tommie in Michigan who has one for sale. Currently exchanging emails, but let’s just say it’s an obvious scam. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

sjolly3307@gmail.com ( Samuel Jolly Zelle ID # USA0D134B7CB )  Is a scammer also.   
Contacted me after I asked a price on an item for sale here.... I sent money via zelle and then he disappeared. 

There seems to be a lot of scammers out there now.  
They contact people that show interest in an item for sale. 

• 1 month later...

DwayneT new user signed up 2 hours ago directed me to his "friend" in MI:

Derek R Jason <derekrjason21@gmail.com>
Wed 12/1/2021 4:03 PM

Hello, thanks for emailing me, Yes i have a Fostech Origin 12 (30 round) Drum for sale, I will accept $250 shipped for it. Let me know if you are interested.

Derek.R

When I asked for photos, he sent me stock photos from the web... Black Wolf Supply of a 20 round drum.  Both these guys are scammers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I posted a WTB add and received a message from New member "david33". He said to contact someone at 'michellesutter966@gmail.com who had what I wanted.  I made contact and asked for a picture.  What I received was a cropped picture originally posted by member "BDMERC".....  and a too good to be true price.

michellesutter966@gmail.com gave me a phone number and address of St James, MO (trailer park)...   He wanted to be paid via Zelle. I think this be a scam. 

Edited by Derrick
Additional info

• 10 months later...
1 hour ago, Scouting said:

I posted in WTB and this guy contacted me. beavenwilliam1gb@gmail.com posting as Tomar1985 I believe this guy has taken Andrew1182 picture and posing as Andrew. Sent payment to this email tasiacruel@yahoo.com. Not sure what’s happening exactly. 

Yea, none of that info is mine and I've had zero contact with you prior to my PM today. 

• 3 weeks later...

Well, here we go:  I posted in the WTB for a Burgess Suppressor for a Stemple 76/45 in 45 ACP.

I got a nice response, along with an FFL/SOT from Bret Millet of B&R Guns and I could pay him via Zelle or a F&F PayPal, in which I responded with my FFL/SOT from Crowder Farms Enterprises, LLC and a promise that I would head to PayPal.  The email address was "bretmillet@onmail.com".

I followed up with a phone call to B&R Guns and left a message to call me back.  Mr. Millet promptly called me back and informed me that he did not have a Burgess Suppressor and that his FFL/SOT was being circulated by a scammer.  The good news is that I have cancelled the payment to bretmillet@onmail.com, but the BAD NEWS is that my FFL/SOT for CFE LLC is now in the hands of a scammer, along with my Business Card.  Therefore, if you get an email from me, please verify that it is in fact my email address and give me a text message at 256-679-0001, as my phone will not take calls unless you are in my Contact List.

But, feel free to ship any "goodies" to my PO Box 218 address, unless the scammer can modify my FFL/SOT to send the item to them.  It is unfortunate that few of these guys or gals get caught.  It would be nice if they would attend a machine gun shoot...as targets.  

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

collectorcouture@gmail.com 

Think is a scammer. Contacted me through an email not through the boards. Trying to sell me a Resing stock that was sold on here a couple weeks ago with a Reising gun. I contacted the original post member and said that was sold to somebody else not the guy contacting me from Tennessee. 

6 minutes ago, Double Tap Firearms said:

collectorcouture@gmail.com 

Think is a scammer. Contacted me through an email not through the boards. Trying to sell me a Resing stock that was sold on here a couple weeks ago with a Reising gun. I contacted the original post member and said that was sold to somebody else not the guy contacting me from Tennessee. 

Yeah ….. In many of your ads from a few years back …… you posted your email address ….. scammer did a search …. Just like I did …..and found your email address ….

• 4 months later...

I had one member by the name danielpatt8 contact me saying that he had some parts and asked for my email address (hadn't seen this post advising not to give out email contact until afterwards). He started sending me emails being kind pushy right out the gate saying he had a gas tube at a pretty good price, asking for my shipping address before I even confirmed I was interested RED FLAG #1. I agreed to buy the gas tube and he wanted me to send payment to his wife's Zelle. The name that came up when I entered the account information was entirely different from the name he gave me RED FLAG #2. I asked why that was, he then gave me the Zelle info for his "baby mama". Zelle came up with an alert saying that the account was restricted from receiving funds RED FLAG #3. I then told the guy that given the series of red flags I needed to back away from the purchase at this time. He responded saying that he was a 100% legitimate and there's no way. 

I didn't want to accuse someone publicly if he isn't in fact a scammer. However, after running it by BuddyH I found out that he was in fact a scammer and I wasn't the first one this guy had attempted to scam. Cautionary tale, stay vigilant, these scammers are everywhere.

Thanks again BuddyH!!

• 2 months later...