Help Identifying Machine Gun Part

GatorDoc

Hey guys,
I recently bought a large lot of machine gun parts. One box was labeled MG17 and included quite a few parts that I have identified as being from the MG17. The parts I have included below were also in the box.The first part is approximately 12 inches long and 1.5 inches in diameter. No markings were noted. The second part is a bolt of some sort. Approx 1 inch wide and 5 inches long. Does anything look familiar to anyone? I am at a loss.
Thank you in advance,
G
%7Boption%7DIMG_2021_zpsinvxwquj.jpg
%7Boption%7DIMG_2022_zpsm2q3bucb.jpg
%7Boption%7DIMG_2023_zpsxigoosmq.jpg
%7Boption%7DIMG_2026_zpswdtbs9vx.jpg
%7Boption%7DIMG_2027_zps6m1qsoy0.jpg
%7Boption%7DIMG_2024_zpsw5rm3php.jpg
%7Boption%7DIMG_2030_zpsmvm9aqny.jpg
%7Boption%7DIMG_2029_zpszskrq5zt.jpg
%7Boption%7DIMG_2028_zpsovhuwlhu.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The bolt is for a Chattelerault Light Machinegun.....french thing that looks a little bren like with 2 triggers, one semi, one full. It shoots 7.5 French and is actually a nice piece. As for the first part....I have no idea what it is but it looks as though its intended for one directional rotation of something.

Frank

• 2 weeks later...

I love this site!!!!!!!!   biffj you are the man!   This bolt has had me stumped for a long time.  Now if I can just figure out what the other piece is:)

Sorry mike todd, I traded all the MG17 parts away.  I offered them on a few sites and there just wasnt any interest in them.  If I stumble up on any more I will certainly keep you in mind.

J