Need to Know: Im Having someone using my info scamming

TGW

I received a call from a previous client who stated, someone contacted him by the name of "Amamda" claiming to be my wife and that I had died and was selling off a bunch of Benelli M1 Super 90's. My client said she was very convincing. Was going to send his licenses and a check until she told him to make payable to a " Angel Marques" or something like that. So PLEASE , PLEASE if you see anything listed by me, contact me personally at 307-331-0049 to confirm as I don't want anyone loosing money to this P.O.S. Thanks all and Im am still alive currently so don't be fooled by this scammer. Thanks Cody Teel TGW

• Like 1

Interesting. Has your email been compromised? Just thinking of how the scammer got your customers name and number. I'd update all your passwords and a "send all" email to everyone on your contact list unless you can narrow down where they got the name and number. Guess it could have been on your customers end as well. 

My client will be posting how everything happened here on sturm  today. As  far as I know they put up a listing using "TGW" On gun broker and Subguns.  He did state "She"  was using them and wanted to stay away from Sturm. Gee  wonder why.  Anyways that's about all I know from our phone conversation this morning.  But full experience will be posted by client later today.  Thanks  Cody  Teel TGW

I sent a PM to a Sturmgewehr member last week in response to a for sale ad. I received an email from someone named AMANDA MEFFORD. The SCAMMER was offering for sale a bogus Beretta 38/42 rewat (it was an obvious cut and paste from a James D. Julia auction). He wanted the check to be made out to MIGUEL ANGEL GARRIDO GONZALES and mailed to 503 WASHINGTON AVE, JOHNSON CITY, TN 37604

These vultures are everywhere so BE ALERT.

On 12/13/2016 at 9:26 AM, toddeccles said:

I sent a PM to a Sturmgewehr member last week in response to a for sale ad. I received an email from someone named AMANDA MEFFORD. The SCAMMER was offering for sale a bogus Beretta 38/42 rewat (it was an obvious cut and paste from a James D. Julia auction). He wanted the check to be made out to MIGUEL ANGEL GARRIDO GONZALES and mailed to 503 WASHINGTON AVE, JOHNSON CITY, TN 37604

These vultures are everywhere so BE ALERT.

Todd:  I received an email about a transferable 1919 side plate.  First email asked if I was "still interested?"  First clue, I had never contacted anyone about a19191 sideplate..

She said she knew she could get more money for it, but willing to sell for $5200.  I responded that I was interested, would like to see it or see pics.  Never got any pics,  I did ask where she lived.  Responded she was in Johnson City, TN...about an hour over the mountain from me.  I shoot sometimes at the Unaka gun club there.

Said she wanted to work thru her dealer....yep the same MIGUEL ANGEL GARRIDO GONZALES and mailed to 503 WASHINGTON AVE, JOHNSON CITY, TN 37604.  I said OK, what was his number I would give him a call and make arrangements to meet him to look at it and pay/start transfer.  Asked for my number she would have him call me.  Never heard a word!  I'm  100% sure this is a scam now, but played along....About a week later I said I had to come to Johnson City on business,  Wanted to look at it/pay/start transfer etc!  Received email that she was sick and could not meet on Wednesday.  I asked when I could meet, I could delay my trip a day or two.  Response was now the she wanted to sell it for more money.  OK, I responded, how much?  Came back with $5200 within the hour. ...I've still never heard from Gonzales and that address it at the end of a deserted cul-de-sac!!!  Asked a couple of shooters/dealers around JC.  None had ever heard of him either.

The next week I email to see if she felt better and if I could meet this week to buy her (non-existent) plate. Still not "able" to meet.  I sent an email saying that I did not appreciate being jerked around and that I did not think her side plate even existed.  basic response was what ever!!!

100% scam...stay away...or tell her/him that you have a friend over the mountain in Asheville that would be happy to drive over to inspect it for you!!!

Just saw this.. The address does not exist as viable delivery so the trick is to have the post office "forward" your mail to your "new" address. This extends the paper trail. 

Similar I recently had one of my cards ( Bank Of America based) frauded with a Oreck Vac purchased and to be delivered to another address than mine.. Luck was  that the Oreck company got suspicious and called me to verify purchase. I immediately called the local's in that town and they jumped on it to find a lady drop and forwarding multitudes of merchandise. She thought she was "working from home" using her own money to purchase UPS labels and  expecting a "profit and refund" for her efforts- unfortunate for her she is in the middle of a drop scam and is being arraigned on multitude of charges. p.s. she never got a dime and is out thousands in shipping charges..

• 2 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but something unusual just happened.  I received an unsolicited email from an "Amanda Mefford" looking to sell some Post Samples.  I have no earthly idea who this sender is so I ran the name through Google.  That search landed me here.  This is very confusing and I'm trying to make some sense of it.  The only thing I can think of was that I emailed a GB seller last week asking about a Postie MP5-SD he had for sale.  Maybe "Amanda" is somehow skimming email communications from GB.  The email's return address is amandameffordbestie@gmail.com.