LIKE THE OLD BOARD BETTER

Simple, but on its deaths bed.... 

Old Sturmgewehr had 30-ish posts on the NFA board in the last 7 days that it was active ... New Sturmgewehr format has 70+ posts in the past 7 days on the same board.

New board has a much better ability to deal with spammers, username hijacking, and other issues.

So instead of saying RIP Sturmgewehr.com , we can say Viva Sturmgewehr.com

An Analogy: Would you rather be the gun in the middle, or the gun on the top.... They are both cool, and both have their benefits, but only one of these has survived in the market, and many people would be hard pressed to remember the name of the other one.

IMG_8049-Edit.jpg

• Like 3

This new site is Vastly Superior to the old rendition! And the more I discover, the better it gets. Can't thank you guys enough for all the hard work and money you've poured into this project that benefits our entire community in so many ways. My virtual "home away from home" has gone 21st Century. This is the best place for buying, selling, sharing knowledge and learning more about firearms.

1 hour ago, aalbert said:

Old Sturmgewehr had 30-ish posts on the NFA board in the last 7 days that it was active ... New Sturmgewehr format has 70+ posts in the past 7 days on the same board.

New board has a much better ability to deal with spammers, username hijacking, and other issues.

An Analogy: Would you rather be the gun in the middle, or the gun on the top.... They are both cool, and both have their benefits, but only one of these has survived in the market, and many people would be hard pressed to remember the name of the other one.

IMG_8049-Edit.jpg

Excellent analogy, brother!

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

• Like 1

On January 21, 2016 at 7:51 PM, Precision Technology said:

This new site is Vastly Superior to the old rendition! And the more I discover, the better it gets. Can't thank you guys enough for all the hard work and money you've poured into this project that benefits our entire community in so many ways. My virtual "home away from home" has gone 21st Century. This is the best place for buying, selling, sharing knowledge and learning more about firearms.

Not for me. On the old board when I posted a WTB add I always got some emails. Usually four or five real offers, a couple of tire kickers, and at least two or three scammers. 

The WTB add I have up now? Didn't even get a scammer to email me. :(

i don't like the "WTB" threads needing to be in their own section. That's what was nice about the old board, all went in the NFA section. So even if someone wasn't really looking to sell, they would still see my add and sometimes email me. Now I get nothing. 

6 minutes ago, damcv62 said:

Not for me. On the old board when I posted a WTB add I always got some emails. Usually four or five real offers, a couple of tire kickers, and at least two or three scammers. 

i don't like the "WTB" threads needing to be in their own section. That's what was nice about the old board, all went in the NFA section. So even if someone wasn't really looking to sell, they would still see my add and sometimes email me. Now I get nothing. 

You mean your add from 23 hours ago?  Give the new board time.  I'm just starting to fish my way through the pool as well.  

Ron

"Personally speaking".....the old site was simple to navigate.

And don't get me wrong...you've obviously put a lot of time, effort, and money into the new site.

I'm just the village idiot trying to navigate around in the new terrain.  So with that said...looks very cool.....(for me)....very hard to navigate.  No offense.  Love your boards buddy!!!!!

1 hour ago, damcv62 said:

I agree it would be nice to include WTB inside each section. I took a look at all the WTB ads to date on the new site and the vast majority have only 0 or 1 replies. I don't know if it's doable with the new site or even if the moderators want to go in that direction. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ron_brock said:

You mean your add from 23 hours ago?  Give the new board time.  I'm just starting to fish my way through the pool as well.  

Ron

But why on the old board did I get 4-5 emails within an hour or two of posting it and now nothing? People don't check the WTB area. For example I posted two WTB adds, both the same, one in the NFA section, one in the WTB area. Copied and pasted the add, so they were up within 30sec of each other. About three hours later they moved the add from the NFA section to the WTB area. The one from the NFA section had 30 some views. The one from the WTB area? 2 or 3 views. :/

i think the new site is FANTASTIC AND HERE TO STAY  3 CHEERS FPR DAVID !!!     yes the old site was "easy to navigate" and I'm sure some of the regulars got a lot of quick response  LETS  FACE THE FACTS ,     STURM'S venue offer's a unique opportunity to quickly locate items of a common interest and that alone is responsible for its success, not how the posts were worded,  lack of or included symbol, etc. and of course would have continued. in the new format i think it will become even greater and a benefit to everyone, OLD AND NEW !  it will  suffer a few growing pains and i bettcha david will address those as the become apparent

for example , the response box creates a lack of privacy to the response post and has slowed me a few times since new . i think this is because the email is not in the post and the reply is there for all to read?    again THANX DAVID !!!!!!!!!!!!   cheers mike

Edited by mike todd
offensive mistake !!

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 4:21 PM, aalbert said:

IMG_8049-Edit.jpg

Very true

It was sad to see all the SCAM warning posts each time I visited

On January 29, 2016 at 1:10 AM, eMGunslinger said:

I feel like WTB listings go unseen, OLD Sturm I could put a WTB for rare moon rocks and someone would find one in a day tops. 

Take the good with the bad I guess, now all my buddies will think I am not a rare parts hunter anymore. 

Did you just completely miss my reply to your WTB for MG34 308 parts?

• 1 month later...
One thing I noticed. With my dated win operating system, I can not highlight text (to copy) from posts. I thought this was a disadvantage, until I made the next discovery.

The text browser mouse arrow copy, works only for the Signature portion of a post, or when I am placing the mouse arrow over the title (link to ad) where a small window will appear.

On a very good day, with my connection it takes about 6-10+ seconds for that small window to appear. That small window shows me content, I can copy it by highlighting with mouse (copy-paste to a text doc). Then I can review all these ads I copy quick offline. Saves time and online hourly usage fees, etc. Yes, I do not have a modern setup, but this site is looking and working so much better.

Who ever thought of this small window appearing, when the mouse arrow is placed over WTS etc ads, came up with a great idea. On a bad slow connection, I no longer have to click on ads and wait longer, for each page to load slowly at snails pace, then going from post to post, to see the content.

It is a bit of an embarrassment, to have an obsolete snails pace crashing system and wanting to cut down on the online usage fees, etc. But it works so much better here, on the modernized site. Usually when technology improves, the older operating systems are toast and sunk. At least for now, here, I am above water.

Hope the membership levels will be posted soon, so I can at least qualify to place one non-commercial WTS on the board, if that is still the limit.

• 3 weeks later...