mike todd

WTB savage 99's .308 cal

2 posts in this topic

I need  a couple decent savage 99 lever action .308 rifles for the ranch.  I would prefer earlier examples with walnut and cut checkering over the later Hardwood and pressed checkering examples . While I will consider any era  and model, bores must be free from pits and bulges. Honest wear is no problem but no extra holes or cracked stocks please. We have on hand .300 savage and I want to eliminate some of the calibers.. While were at it, I think at least one MINT very early example would fit great in the collection but still .308 only please. ALL REPLY'S will be answered. THANX MIKE

I only accept postal money orders. contact me DIRECTLY before sending any funds                                           email  myoldiron@outlook.com        

The 308 didnt come out until the mid 50's in the 99r, 99rs and 99F (featherweight) and would be in the 900,000 s/n range. All of them would be factory D/T.  Really nice guns, at one time I had several and also the 243,22-250,300,250-3000,250 savage (later models, 7-08 etc. Good luck on finding one. You might check here:

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/forums/40/1/Savage_Collectors