BORE Shohola PA

WTB: WW1 Remington UMC 1911

5 posts in this topic

Looking for an original and unmolested WW1 Remington UMC pistol.

Please email condition and price. Thank you.

kserbrga@yahoo.com

Edited by BORE Shohola PA

BORE, don't want to meddle but don't you mean REM / UMC ?  I'm sure you know, but others sending leads may not. The WW I Remington 1911 was built by Remington Arms and is quite rare in "unmolested" condition. If I remember right less than 25,000 were produced. It featured the most attractive slide markings of all the 1911's in my opinion and is quick to catch the eye. Many completely original examples have very rough looking frames with MAJOR machine marks. looking like damage at times.    The Remington Rand Co manufactured business machines and in the madness of procurement was granted a contract to produce the 1911 A1 . I believe there are 3 different slide marking variations. Actually the most common WWII produced 1911 A1 encountered. GOOD LUCK with the search ! that's the fun part, sticker shock is another matter and getting worse every quarter.  cheers mike todd

I only accept postal money orders. contact me DIRECTLY before sending any funds                                           email  myoldiron@outlook.com        

Bore:  What Mike Todd says.  Remington Rand only built 1911A1 during WWII.  First contract was 1942 I think.

For a WWI model you are looking for a Remington UMC and it would (as you note) a 1911 model.

Best of luck in finding an unmolested one that anyone would want to part with.

FWIW:   Phil

Phil Flack

P. F. Custom Guns

pfcustomguns@bellsouth.net

Yes , I did mean Remington UMC 1911 .

Sorry.