NFA transfer approvals

BDMERC

I realize they are overworked and understaffed, and every one of the examiners I have spoken with have been very patient, courteous and professional.

But is there a "running average" for Form 3 and Form 4 transfer times?

Edited by BDMERC
edited for accuracy

the MAJOR issue's are the "new examiners"  it was explained to me off the record that because of the training procedure  "ALL TRANSFERS ARE BEING TRACED BACK AS FAR AS THE RECORDS ALLOW"  because of this several C+R's and guns that had been classed as transferables are being reclassified.  I know first hand that they are demanding some be surrendered with no other options. I had a form 3 take almost 1 year? and have had to submit pictures several times for the same item so they may determine its status. not sure where the fine tune requirements came from but the training issue is understandable. it seems to be clearing up as many of my recent submissions have already been approved.  I have nothing but POSITVE RESPECT for everyone at martinsburg. may not help your case but you are certainly NOT ALONE!   cheers mike