Orion

WTS 1928A1 Savage British Lend/Lease $27K

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

1928A1 Savage British lend / Lease; The gun runs great, matching upper and lower receivers, original finish, nice clean bore. All Savage / Stevens parts on the upper receiver, Savage wood. Included in the sale is everything pictured, 3 original mags that came with the gun when I purchased it, they are on the rough side but functional. The 5 twenty round mags and 6 thirty round mags are in very good condition, 50 round drum, the pouches cleaning rod and booklet. These are just a few pictures if your interested in the gun email me for additional pictures. Let me know if you have any questions, $27,000 shipped and insured.

P3FLTENG1@VERIZON.NET

IMG_1780.JPG

IMG_1789.JPG

IMG_1782.JPG

IMG_1791.JPG

IMG_3452.JPG

IMG_3448.JPG

IMG_3450.JPG

IMG_3441.JPG

IMG_3418.JPG

IMG_3419.JPG

IMG_3423.JPG

IMG_3424.JPG

Edited by Orion

Price reduced to $27,000.

Do you have more information you can provide to help prove it was a Lend Lease? 

I'm not sure what else your looking for; there is not documentation to prove it. The gun has all the correct British proof marks of a Lend / Lease.  

I have a 1903 Red Star and 1941 M1 Lend Lease and love the history that goes with it. My Red star is the easiest to prove it was a LL as there are around 200 of them and their serial numbers are known. The Garand is tougher but I am as certain as you can be that mine is a LL.

I don't yet know the history of Thompson style guns like you have listed being lend leases, which is why I asked the question. I know with M1 Garands, Brittish proofs aren't enough to prove it was an actual lend lease. Maybe they are with this gun? I have no idea. I am a Lend Lease collector and was simply curious about your listing. It is a beautiful gun and someone would be lucky to have it. Good luck with your sale

Gun is still available.

If it helps, M1928 were cash and carry guns and A1 were lend lease, but both types were used by the Allies

Edited by Speeddemon02