guido1221

Post 86 purchases

9 posts in this topic

If I have an SOT with my class one FFL does this allow me to purchase post 86 weapons, WITHOUT a law officer letter,  from a dealer who is giving up his/her SOT?

Thanks in advance.

Jim 

Sorry to say that it does not. You must be a manufacturer to do what you suggest. IMHO

Thanks for the info.   What does it take to get a manufacturing license.  I have an SOT.   JIm

They are both correct.  I believe there is more involved with the manufacturing license.  I would just get a demo letter from an agency to purchase and demo a post sample unless you truly want to build automatic stuff.

They are both correct.  I believe there is more involved with the manufacturing license.  I would just get a demo letter from an agency to purchase and demo a post sample unless you truly want to build automatic stuff.  I believe the manufacturing license cost more than a $500 SOT.  Hope this helps.

Edited by J237
More info.

JIM < If you are in fact licensed SOT, you just need to add the manufactures lic   that will cost you $150 and allow you to play all sorts of ways. many projects are quite simple  and almost no cost if  have the basic firearm.  IE; $75. AR lower about 1 hour = M-16  (YEAH BABY)  find your MOJO YET? cheers mike todd

I only accept postal money orders. contact me DIRECTLY before sending any funds                                           email  myoldiron@outlook.com        

JIM < If you are in fact licensed SOT, you just need to add the manufactures lic   that will cost you $150 and allow you to play all sorts of ways. many projects are quite simple  and almost no cost if  have the basic firearm.  IE; $75. AR lower about 1 hour = M-16  (YEAH BABY)  find your MOJO YET? cheers mike todd

I only accept postal money orders. contact me DIRECTLY before sending any funds                                           email  myoldiron@outlook.com        

Hi Mike, Great response; Thank you.     I'm new to all of this NFA stuff.  Any advice you can offer is greatly appreciated.  I would think a big part of compliance is having all the paperwork in order and a very secure place for the guns.  (Which I have already).  I have basic machining skills, a small lathe, and a small mill.  (Sherline).  Lots of accessories which I probably wont use and lots of time (I hope).  Retired after 35 years teaching HS math.   
Thanks again
Jim