PSL Value

IGC

I'm about to put up for sale an unfired PSL. It is stock except for I had the factory flash hider removed and the barrel is now threaded 14x1LH and has an 11* crown. It has a Tabuk (SVD looking) flash hider and the wood has all been refinished and is super nice looking. Comes with the scope, 2 mags, a satchel sort of thing with cleaning kit and owners manual. I'm thinking about $1600.00?

PicsArt_1452656228874_zps1dr2gk6g.jpg

Well, when these were still being imported I picked one up for 699 in 2008. Then I listed that same rifle on texasguntrader in 2012 for 1000 and sold it within 3 hours.

I was looking at replacing it last year and found prices going for 1300-1400 with all the goodies you have listed, so you're in the ballpark with the threading work and non-fired. But that begs the question, is the barrel original? 

I love the PSL. I really should get another one...but I picked up an M1A instead. I may regret it later, but you see ndm 86's (actual Chinese dragunovs) going for 3000 now and again. I can't believe the PSL has gotten to half of their value.

NICE EXAMPLE! It would seem that the value is in the $1400. area today maybe a tad more.  one thought, I have owned several of these , kept buying examples and testing for best acc/function.  You stated this is unfired, and several examples I received, all of which were commercially built, not garage guns, for some reason had oversized holes in the bolt for the firing pin. In all those examples, boxer primed ammo would blow the primers without exception and I would suggest you examine it for that fault.  As a result I ended up with 2 units that will outshoot my Chinese  type 86 guns by a bunch. It took some work but was certainly worth while. cheers mike

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 9:04 PM, Craigan said:

Well, when these were still being imported I picked one up for 699 in 2008. Then I listed that same rifle on texasguntrader in 2012 for 1000 and sold it within 3 hours.

I was looking at replacing it last year and found prices going for 1300-1400 with all the goodies you have listed, so you're in the ballpark with the threading work and non-fired. But that begs the question, is the barrel original? 

I love the PSL. I really should get another one...but I picked up an M1A instead. I may regret it later, but you see ndm 86's (actual Chinese dragunovs) going for 3000 now and again. I can't believe the PSL has gotten to half of their value.

REGRETS ?? depends on the goal. while the type 86 and PSL are great tools that one can shoot reasonably,  neither one will come close to the M-14 /1A for shooting comfort and satisfaction.  the comm bloc weapons can be quite brutal after a long day at the range . I find the ergonomics of the standard issue M-14 provide's the most comfortable shooting mag fed .30 cal for me.  give it a fair chance you will be pleased.    cheers mike

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2016 at 10:04 PM, Craigan said:

Yes it is all original wit the exception of the flash hider and it isn't one of the built from a parts kit in the US guns... all Cugir.

On 9/21/2016 at 9:43 AM, mike todd said:

NICE EXAMPLE! It would seem that the value is in the $1400. area today maybe a tad more.  one thought, I have owned several of these , kept buying examples and testing for best acc/function.  You stated this is unfired, and several examples I received, all of which were commercially built, not garage guns, for some reason had oversized holes in the bolt for the firing pin. In all those examples, boxer primed ammo would blow the primers without exception and I would suggest you examine it for that fault.  As a result I ended up with 2 units that will outshoot my Chinese  type 86 guns by a bunch. It took some work but was certainly worth while. cheers mike

It is a factory built gun made in Romania.