South Florida Youth Shooting Program

aalbert

We all know that we have to have the youth of America involved with firearms, or the tradition will die with us old farts - in addition having our kids shoot safely and with proper discipline makes for happier black gun range time....

For those members in South Florida that are interested in getting their kids involved with competitive shooting, you should check out the Miami-Dade County Junior Rifle Club. I have taken my son to several of their sessions, and will continue to do so - as he enjoys the precision aspect of the sport, and folks like Michael (one of the coaches) understand how to work with kids.

They run the program to benefit the community, and only ask that shooters provide their own (approved ammo) or buy proper match ammo ($5 a box or less) from the club itself.. they provide the jackets, gloves, guns, mats, spotting scope for the parent, etc... Just bring your child, a good attitude, and a willingness to learn, and you are all set. 

They meet at Trail Glades range the first three Saturdays of every month, and run from 9a till around noon (since it is a volunteer effort it is best to reach out ahead of time, to make sure that they will be there). 

Best point of contact is Michael Padakula - padykulam@bellsouth.net - 305-323-9922

Also if anybody has a line on a firing pin for a Anschutz Achiever, they could use one, as one of the guns that they let students use is down for the count, because of it - so if you have one, please drop me a line via PM here on the site.

IMG_7493.jpg

• Like 1