value of original steyr aug 24" LMG barrel with bipod

markinflorida

Need more info please.  Does the grip fold?  Is it new or have a round count? What condition is the barrel and bipod?  What color is the grip?  Where did you buy it?  If you could post pics that would help.  I may be interested.  Have you done business on this board before?  Thanks.  Jim

MARK, VERY HARD TO FIND! I'm  not sure what the current value is but paid $1300 for my last one in 99. it was like new. I have not seen one offered since. If you are planning of selling one, post it on a site like G-brkr.   List it with a reserve in that area at least.  By doing so you will get the actual value . cheers mike

thanks for the responses fellows:

Have come to a deal to sell it in a package of my "Aug stuff"--pending funds.  

But for some history and future interest for people to gauge the market-barrel was bought from PJS steyr aug---Pete Athens in the early 2000-2005, (good to see he's still going strong) one of the best people I've dealt with.  

Barrel like new--less than 30 rounds fired then sitting protected in safe, green folding grip and folding bipod--its an original LMG 24" aug barrel for the preban era Aug's, that works throughout the Aug series as all the barrels do, as you guys probably know.  

I came to conclusion to value it around $1800.  Searched for info, and a few post stated in that ballpark, but the post were a little older.  So this is my best guess.  Sold pending funds with pre-ban (for lack of better term, but it helps to date the gun) Aug a1 with 16, 20, 24" barrels, beta mag/spare parts/box/manual/factory target/extra scope.  

If anyone has any thoughts to contribute on barrel price, still would be interested to hear just for knowing.