WTS: 102 year old Maxim $11,000

tranham

Possible pre-WWI German DWM maxim. This is the earliest German mg08 maxim I've ever seen. Dated 1914 in 1200 serial number range. Complete gun but mismatched. Reciever, top cover, water jacket, spade grips, trigger bar, rails and some small parts match. 

Complete gun with scope, belt, some spares and post war tripod adapter. Gun is not C&R, made by Catco. Located at my TN dealer currently. 

Pics

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w6a2c9k1l04jzxu/AADyIdmFwx95kXLbH9BYMAZRa?dl=0

Tranham@hotmail.com

Edited by tranham
  • Like 1

Nice to see MG08s from earlier production. Most are '16,'17 and '18. I had the good fortune to acquire DWM manufactured MG08 #39, dated 1908. It has some differences from later production. Have seen a 1910 date, several 1912s and some '13s, '14s and 15s over the years. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

hmmmmm, 111 YEARS OLD? it should have no problem with the C+R issue right? I thought something was different about catco, now I just see they were all senile.  I don't believe there are any catco guns in the british small arms collection in London . maybe they want it.( SIGH !) mike

Thanks for all the interest. I've got the gun being transferred to myself from my dealer. I started it in November.  I am willing to sell but would prefer it gets through this transfer before I make a deal. I'll keep the 2 people currently interested in touch when it's available again

robert