WTB: Johnson 1941 barrel 30-06

ChrisNH

I have a Johnson 1941 rifle I'm looking to restore. Appearently someone had a 7mm Johnson 1941 rifle and they chose to change the barrel and got  a barrel blank and changed the caliber to .308. I would prefer to have it, in the original 30-06, as that is the caliber marked on top of the receiver. Please email me with what you have!

CRIS, Been hoarding Johnson stuff 45 years. I have several MINT 30/06 Johnson barrels. the problem is the value??  I have been offered $1000. and couldn't  part with any. DO YOU STILL HAVE THE 7x57 barrel?  maybe both of us could  be happy. if so, lets talk   cheers mike

Thanks for responding, Mike! As the rifle stands, it's in .308. I never had the 7 mm barrel. Whoever had the gun before I did changed out the barrel, likely because 7x57 wasn't readily available. Of course not knowing when the gun was owned either, when did .308 become readily available over 30-06? If you could find it in your heart to part with a 30-06 barrel, maybe not quite so mint, maybe we can come up to a price. Let me know!