ChrisNH

WTB: Johnson 1941 barrel 30-06

4 posts in this topic

I have a Johnson 1941 rifle I'm looking to restore. Appearently someone had a 7mm Johnson 1941 rifle and they chose to change the barrel and got  a barrel blank and changed the caliber to .308. I would prefer to have it, in the original 30-06, as that is the caliber marked on top of the receiver. Please email me with what you have!

CRIS, Been hoarding Johnson stuff 45 years. I have several MINT 30/06 Johnson barrels. the problem is the value??  I have been offered $1000. and couldn't  part with any. DO YOU STILL HAVE THE 7x57 barrel?  maybe both of us could  be happy. if so, lets talk   cheers mike

I only accept postal money orders. contact me DIRECTLY before sending any funds                                           email  myoldiron@outlook.com        

Thanks for responding, Mike! As the rifle stands, it's in .308. I never had the 7 mm barrel. Whoever had the gun before I did changed out the barrel, likely because 7x57 wasn't readily available. Of course not knowing when the gun was owned either, when did .308 become readily available over 30-06? If you could find it in your heart to part with a 30-06 barrel, maybe not quite so mint, maybe we can come up to a price. Let me know!

Hi Chris, Call Joseph Scott (assuming he is still around) he was making barrels. Good luck!! Let me know if it works out--Randell His #(409) 722-6279