Well I thought I had a deal, your thoughts?

AaronD

Item 577721081, transferable 1919 was for sale on gunbroker last week. I reached out initially via gunbrokers query link to ask the seller a question. Below is the email chain of our conversation since the initial inquiry. I thought I was on track to go up to Maryland this coming Saturday to provide funds and inspect the item. To my amazement item 579181605 is on sale on gunbroker this week. Exact same pictures, and description. Sure he could have more than 1 for sale but since he didn't call me and hasn't responded since repost the exact same ad, I am calling bullshit. Buyer beware.

I am confused. I thought we had a deal, so why is the item back on gunbroker? I am posting our email chain to subguns and sturmgewher and let the NFA community judge you.

Aaron Dempsey

Sent from my iPad

On Aug 21, 2016, at 8:32 PM, BRIAN WALKER wrote:

> Aaron,
>
> I'll call you tomorrow, and we will see if we can work out a time for Saturday. I know i have an event most of the day but should be available in the late afternoon, early evening.
>
> Brian
>
>
> From: aaron dempsey
> To: BRIAN WALKER
> Sent: Sunday, August 21, 2016 8:28 PM
> Subject: Re: Question regarding GunBroker.com Item #577721081
>
> 202XXXXXXX
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On Aug 21, 2016, at 8:24 PM, BRIAN WALKER wrote:
>
>> Aaron,
>>
>> You still interested? We can arrange for you to inspect it.
>>
>> Brian
>>
>>
>> From: aaron dempsey
>> To: BRIAN WALKER
>> Sent: Sunday, August 21, 2016 8:02 AM
>> Subject: Re: Question regarding GunBroker.com Item #577721081
>>
>> Let me know if it sells, I will pay 17.5k. I am in XXXXXXX VA and could personally deliver funds and inspect the item. I am a resident of AZ so I would have to transfer to a dealer there. Is it on a form 3 or form 4? 1919 does really fit what I have been collecting but I figured with a tripod and t/e, it would be the best platform to introduce my kids on. Just let me know.
>>
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Aaron Dempsey
>>
>> Sent from my iPad
>>
>> On Aug 20, 2016, at 11:37 PM, BRIAN WALKER wrote:
>>
>>> Will run belts or links. Reserve is 17500.00
>>>
>>> From: aaron dempsey ;
>>> To: BRIAN WALKER ;
>>> Subject: Re: Question regarding GunBroker.com Item #577721081
>>> Sent: Sun, Aug 21, 2016 12:56:34 AM
>>>
>>> Does it matter if you run links or cloth belts in it?
>>>
>>> Just let me know if you sell it. I won't ask about our reserve since I find it a touchy subject when asking sellers. I am in the neighborhood of 17k. Looking for 1919 or Fleming Steyr Aug Pack, which ever comes first.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> AARON DEMPSEY
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> From: BRIAN WALKER
>>> Sent: Saturday, August 20, 2016 1:28 PM
>>> To: dempseya
>>> Subject: Re: Question regarding GunBroker.com Item #577721081
>>>
>>> Yes, it was built at my shop about 20yrs ago. We have built hundreds of 1919s and never had a problem from one of them.
>>>
>>> From: dempseya ;
>>> To: FFBWMD ;
>>> Subject: Question regarding GunBroker.com Item #577721081
>>> Sent: Sat, Aug 20, 2016 8:13:29 PM
>>>
>>> GunBroker.com
>>> GunBroker.com User Message
>>> A message has been sent to you by a user of GunBroker.com. Please scroll down to the MESSAGE FROM USER section below to read the text.
>>> The "From" name on this email is the sending user's GunBroker.com user name. To reply to the sender, click your 'Reply' button in your email software.
>>> -- BEGIN MESSAGE FROM USER --
>>> Do you know who built the gun?
>>> -- END MESSAGE FROM USER --
>>> This message is regarding the following item:
>>> Item Title: 1919A4 Transferable Machinegun w/extras
>>> Item Number: 577721081
>>> SKU:
>>> View Item Listing
>>> GunBroker.com Safety Tip: For the safety of our buyers, we offer a few guidelines to completing a safe transaction on our auction site:
>>> A user should not request payment for an item before the item listing has ended, and should not contact you directly to sell items to you directly. Doing so may be an attempt to defraud you, circumvent the GunBroker.com commission system, prevent the ability for you to place feedback in the event that you are not a satisfied customer.
>>> If you receive communication from any user that you feel violates our guidelines, may circumvent our commission fees, or that you feel may defraud you or other users of our site, please click here to confidentially send us questions about this activity.
>>> GunBroker.com Policy Tip: You are NOT authorized to keep any email address provided to you via this message system. Using or keeping the sender's email address for any purpose, other than to finalize the purchase or sale of THIS particular item, without the recipient's direct approval, can result in termination of your account. Some examples of unauthorized uses include the following, but not limited to: mailing lists, advertising, solicitation, or harassment.
>>> Thank you,
>>> GunBroker.com
>>> The World's Largest Online Auction of Firearms and Accessories™
>>> http://www.gunbroker.com
>>>
>>> Facebook Twitter YouTube Use GunBroker Mobile
>>> This email is not spam. You have received this email because you are a registered member of our web site GunBroker.com. If you do not wish to receive any further emails from our web site, you can contact Customer Support to have your account closed.
>>> If you need to contact us via Postal Mail, click here to view our Mailing Address.
>>> Copyright © 1999-2016 GunBroker.com, LLC “GunBroker.com”, the bullet logo, and “The Bidding Starts Now” are registered trademarks used under license. All Rights Reserved Worldwide.

Edited by AaronD

Seems like a legitimate seller to me.... did you actually speak with him? Try to arrange face to face meeting / inspection/payment . Then bid on auction and win. The seller has a three day inspection/ return agreement listed in auction. Some sellers feel safer using the auction site.

Good luck 

Edited by Born loser...in Montana
Grammar chk

We have resolved the issue.  I have received communication with the dealer.  Dealer stated the listing was on auto-list and due to his schedule of his day job he was unreachable and just missed that the auto-listing was there. 

• 1 month later...