Sold my last machine gun....

R.L.

Well I did it. The last one was sold this past week. After 25+ years no more m.g.'s. I have real mixed emotions about the whole thing. I never planned to sell even one, but sometimes things happen beyond your control and you have limited choices.

The choices I had were hang on to  A LOT of stuff and risk sticking my wife and family with the task of selling this stuff if I was to succumb quickly, or get rid of it now while I can still do it.

That's what I decided to do.

I'm glad I did.

When my oncologist told me I needed treatment at a cancer center, I was confused, dumbfounded and pretty pissed. 

New wife, great new dog, everything paid for, no problems, life for once is good..then this. 

H.T.F. could this have happened to me?

Without getting into a very long story, it stemmed from an attempt on my life in 2009 with poison. Ex wife. Yes it's true.

So this is the how. Why I'll probably never know. At this point it matters not.

So now I have no choice but to accept what has happened and live my life until I die. And I will.

The process of selling my C3 HAS been bittersweet, but very satisfying at the same time. It's a bit like sending off your children into the world.

Scary but necessary.

I've met some very nice people on Sturm during this venture, given some  good deals, and I feel good about it ,knowing all this stuff went to to good folks.

A huge thanks to the Albert's for this fine venue. It has been instrumental in making all of my sales connections.

I plan on being active on the Sturm boards, just minus my guns.

Thanks to all,

Bob Leyshion, Jr.

AKA R.L.

• Like 1

Bob @R.L. ,

Even though most won't come forward and recognize the great deals and items they got from you, I for one sincerely appreciate it. Like I said before, the Sturm community is a better place because of the knowledge, expierence, and great items you've brought to the boards. 

I say with sincerity. I would have lived my entire life on earth never owning a Mk26 mount had you not sold me one at such a great price. Mainly because I could never bring myself to spend $3,000 on one. 

Keep on diggin! Im sure you may come across a few hundred 1919 kits or something that you tucked in a corner and forgot about :) the MG community appreciates ya as one of the guys that has been hard at it since the 80s. I hope you can fully recover! If you ever decide to go back down to the creek or SAR east when it's here in Harrisburg, please reach out, would love to walk the isles and pick your brain on some of the stuff on the tables.

Aaron - Mohnton, Pa 

image_137.jpeg

• Like 1

Bob, very nicely stated. All of us will eventually be in this situation. They say the quality of ur life is not always measured by the duration. I've done a few deals with you, and it's always what you represent the items to be and it has been a pleasure. Thanks for everything.. Take good care of yourself

• 1 month later...

You talk of a life that never crosses people's mind, unless they experience first hand, but any of us could be there. You are handling it with grace and dignity.

I truly empathize with your situation and I pray to God to give you the strength to stay positive and continue to be a positive example for everyone you touch.

I wish all the best for you!

Sorry to hear this. Hope you are treatable and have extra quality time. I sorta know how you feel having woken up in the hospital twice in the last year wondering the night before if I was even going to wake up when I went to sleep. I have sons interested in my hobbies, but how much stuff can they have?  I started selling off my stuff as well. Like you said bitter sweet, but I sleep better knowing they will be taken care of. Good luck.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys. In an amazing reversal of fortune and health, my latest blood evaluation on Friday saw a reversal in my blood numbers. The red cell count is coming up, instead of continuing to go down.

I will still need treatments every 6 months for life, but the overall outlook is 100% better. Looks like I'll be around a little longer than originally forecast.

I hope everyone is enjoying the guns and accessories I sold them. I have no regrets, even after Friday's good news. Better they end up in good homes now.

Thanks to all for your kind words.

R.L.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Reading your post was truly inspiring,  getting up in years now myself, and have been into the NFA world since 1990 starting with my FFL and than the C3 license thingy. I understand that there is a point in which it's time to sell, not for yourself but for your family. Truly, that's one of the most unselfish things one can do. Hat's off to you and that your health is improving. I'm getting closer to letting my toys go.

God Bless