Value of Type 99 LMG and accessories?

MontanaRenegade86

Can anybody help me price out a Type 99 LMG reweld with one reproduction magazine?

Additionally, what is a fair price for two T99 LMG magazines (condition and manufacture unknown at this point) and two spare barrels (condition and manufacture also unknown at this point) sold as a lot by themselves?

Thank you for any help you all can give me. 

ETA: This is NOT an add. I'm just trying to determine values at this point. Thanks.

Edited by MontanaRenegade86

Need to show some pics of the weld to see quality and finish and name of outfit who did the work. Need overall shots showing condition of metal surfaces and finish, including wood. Condition of barrel and bore, chrome bore or not and caliber. Do numbers match? If not what's mismatched? What mag used for repro, MG13 or M14? Original or repro flash-hider?

T99 mags in excellent condition might bring $1200 plus or in average condition about $900 up. Maker is not especially important. T99 barrel in excellent condition, 7.7, with excellent wood, finish, matching regulator, chrome bore can bring over $1000. Average condition 7.7 T99 barrel/bore with fair to good wood, matching regulator, good or better finish, can bring $750 and up. .308 converted barrels probably about the same. Maker isn't really important unless someone is matching receiver and barrel makers, but serial will not match. Other accessories?

Generally need a lot more information if you care to provide it. Otherwise, without further info, welded T99s can start at $7-8k. Higher values depend on all the other variables.FWIW

Thanks for the information, BRMCII.

The gun is sitting at my dealer's place 200 miles away and I haven't seen it yet, so I can only relay what my dealer has told me thus far. My dealer says it isn't a collector's piece but appears to be a shooter. I assume the gun is a reweld but it could also be a rewat. The Form 4 originally listed it as a Type 96-99 registered in 6.5-7.7 caliber. The ATF rejected that and said it is a Type 96 in 6.5 caliber. I don't know much about Japanese machine guns but I know a little bit about the Japanese language and number system and from what I have gleaned, the markings indicate that the gun should be a T99. With PAWS (the manufacturer according to the Form 4) anything is possible, I suppose. That's about all I know right now. I am not sure when I will physically see the gun.

I have had the ATF tell me several things about my gun that was not true. They questioned the standard barrel length of my last Maxim transfer! Its a Fing watercooled gun. NO one cuts them down. I just sent the ATF pictures and she took them without any real question. 

Hi, everyone. Sorry about not keeping up with this thread - work has been keeping me busy lately.

No pics yet but I can offer a couple more details and opinions. 

The serial number range is in the 142xx range and the date code is 19.6 (June 1944?). The markings on the right side of the gun indicate that it is a 99 (two kyūs - not a kyū and a roku). My theory is that the maker didn't know the difference between a 99 and a 96 (I don't know how to tell them apart either other than markings and caliber) and chose to register it as a Type 96-99, which was how it was listed on the previous Form 4. ATF said no go and now the gun is a Type 96 according to them. From what I've read about PAWS, they did some crazy stuff back in the day. The spare barrels are T99 according to my dealer and the mags are reproductions. One is a MG13 conversion from Recon Ordnance. The others unknown at this point. 

Anyway, I appreciate all the helpful comments. You guys are the best.