Money Saving USPS Mailing Info.    
UPDATED 6.20.23 

Hey guys ..... want to send US Priority Mail packages MUCH CHEAPER ?

Here's how ........ Use US Postal Flat Rate Padded Envelopes .... 

Have something that will Not fit the Small Flat Rate Priority Box  ?   [ $10.20 ]

Well ..... if it will fit in the Flat Rate Padded Envelope the price is  ONLY  $10.40 !!! 

Need extra padding ? …. Place small item in a padded envelope …. Roll it up and insert it inside another padded envelope …seal and ship 

FYI ..... a 4 Cell AK mag pouch with 4 mags ..... Almost 4 pounds .....WILL FIT in the Flat Rate Padded Envelope ......
Translation > you can mail the mag pouch with 4 AK mags for $10.40  .... [ instead of the Medium Flat Rate box $17.10 ] 

You SAVE $6 !! 

Go to the USPS website ......   USPS.com  >  Free Shipping Supplies
to order ......... Flat Rate Padded Envelopes  
They will mail supplies to you for FREE ..... with a 4/5 day delivery to you .

https://store.usps.com/store/product/shipping-supplies/priority-mail-padded-flat-rate-envelope-P_EP14PE

Pass the savings on to you Customer !

NOTE 

Effective January 22, 2023, Regional Rate Box pricing has been discontinued. Remaining Regional Rate Boxes can still be used for shipping, but they will be treated as weight and rate packages.

A365962F-9C88-4157-BF92-48392AF26968.jpeg

F4289ADB-0CCC-4D45-8288-9301AEEDB31F.jpeg

• Like 2

Buddy's gone "POSTAL"...

Thanks for the Excellent information ... to lower the costs of shipping makes our private sales more competitive with the large volume companies....it really sucks when you think your getting a great deal, only to find out it's not so great when the shipping costs are finally added in....

From the Post Office commercials ..... " If it Fits .... It ships. "

do you mean thickness ?

I would not place sharp items inside the padded envelope.

I just mailed 5 Polish Tantal 5.45 Steel 30rd mags with an East German 4 cell mag pouch in a Padded Flat Rate Envelope .....the weight was 4 pounds 8 ounces > >  Cost was $6.80 !  !

remember ..... You have to order these padded envelopes from usps.com  .... They are FREE and ship FREE

they are not usually in stock at local post offices ...... ORDER NOW !

https://store.usps.com/store/product/shipping-supplies/priority-mail-padded-flat-rate-envelope-P_EP14PE

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

IMG_1163.JPG

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Shipping something too long for the US Priority  Medium Flat Rate box ?

https://store.usps.com/store/product/shipping-supplies/priority-mail-large-flat-rate-board-game-box---gbfrb-P_GB_FRB

if your post office does not have any ....... order a 25 pack for free ..... even ships to you for  free ....

use what you need ...... take the rest to your post office ...... for some else to use ...

IMG_1219.PNG

• 1 year later...

Great post.. stuff I know about since I ship a lot, but I learned something new a month ago..

I joined (trying out) a company called Pirateship which is a competitor to Stamps.com.  Apparently there is one more shipping method I learned about which is USPS Cubic Pricing.  Typically reserved for high quantity shippers, but apparently Stamps.com and Pirateship can pass this on to their customer.  I am using Pirateship because they don't charge fees vs Stamps.com does.

Note I have NO affiliation with Pirateship.  I only used them like 3 times for the last 1 month, and of those 3 times I think they offered cubic shipping on one item. The other 2 I shipped USPS Padded envelope. I accidentally stumbled upon cubic shipping because I was pricing out a package in non flat rate mode and it gave me cubic shipping for a very heavy item. If you do try Pirateship, then first do their regular package choice.. and then switch to flat rate choice to see if flat rate (such as padded envelope or Regional Box A) is cheaper.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Buddy H featured this topic
  • 2 months later...
  • Buddy H changed the title to Money Saving USPS Mailing Info
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Just figured out another cheap method.. USPS  Flat Rate Legal Envelopes. Typically I ship padded envelopes.. but one box I was shipping was too big to fit in it.. Then I saw some legal size envelops and it fitted with the padded envelope inside. $9.99 retail.. Pirateship $8.35. (Likely USPS online has the same price)