Lanchester SMG Numbers

Sienaguns

Anyone have any idea how many pre-sample Lanchester Mk 1's or MK 1*'s might have been imported? I know many, if not most were sold off by the Brits in lage lots to other countries and many were destroyed.  Anyway, if anyone has an idea please advise.

Never heard of a pre-may yet.  Most everything that came in was transferable and anything after 68 was probably fitted with a registered tube making it transferable as well.  The value and hassle of importing a pre-may vs. just getting the parts kit and putting it on a tube would not be very economical.   Never seen a pre-may sten either, but I'd guess someone has one or both by coincidence or brought one in at someone's request.

believe it or not but the lanchester is one of the few british machine guns that was offered openly on the world market with out destroying a huge quantity in the process. I personally viewed crates stacked to the ceiling on one of our trips. I believe $23.00 U.S was the number. they were secondary as the german G-1 was the business at hand. everything i touched was NOS and heavy grease. its one of the few  subguns i found original examples just as often as tube rebuilds for sale, but that has slowed down the last 5 years. also most offered appear to be almost perfect .