Posting Ads

jimk23

I want to post a for sale item in the semi-auto section.  I didn't see a "new post" to click on.  Maybe I'm just not lookong close enough. 

I have been on Sturm for a number of years.  Haven't done anything lately, tho.  Guess the new Sturm format kicked me out.

That's why sturm is falling off the map for post's unfortunately

The old donation funded board got an A$$ load more traffic and post's..

Most off the guy's I know and hang out with would rather donate $ or ammo than be forced to  pay.

And trust me we all donated a hell of alot more than a "Membership" cost's now.

Buddy for Obersturmfuhrer  2016 !!!! Take back the board's ...............

Edited by JnC Manufacturing

The 15 year old board scripts Sturm used ..... Made for a LOT of work for me to keep the boards orderly.

the first 8 years or so were fairly smooth ...... Then the spammers hit ...... Causing me more work.

Next  the scammers hit Sturm ....... Being a free board without signin ...... It took MUCH more work to block them

Guys were NOT checking out these " sellers " and losing Lots of money ...... bringing More scams being posted = More work for me.

Over all the years less than 5% of all posters even bothered to donate.

you saw the same guys donate again and again.

A $30,000 MG would sell off the board ...... The seller " might " donate $20 [ most didn't donate anything ]

Then a guy would sell $100 worth of accessories ...... And donate $20

Not very fair.

It was the scammer problem that forced a change at Sturm.

AGAIN # CHEERS FOR THE NEW FORMAT!! it was long over due. i spent countless hours trying to comply and not step on anyones toes on the old site  i made donations while unable to complete any posts. even offered to pay for help getting my postings correct  yes the new one is quite different and will take a while to fit but i believe it to be a winner.  DAN and others are quick to help and move things around dummys like me do wrong . i have noticed the slow down of the posts, but believe that will change if given time. sadly come the nov cloud we will be very lucky if anything like this will be possible by next summer  lets give it a chance .  mike

Summer is the slow time on all gun boards.

Donations to Sturm directly were very few and far between before the change.  They accounted for about 20% of total costs.  Machinegunboards.com members enabled Sturm to continue for many years, as members there donated about 50% of the costs.  The remaining 30% was picked up by me.  There was no way that Sturm could survive in the old format.

BTW, I believe the "Dan" that Mike refers to is actually me, though my name is David.  

David Albert
dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

• 3 months later...

I posted lots of rarer stuff. Few, if any items sold on this board. I still donated for the reading and niche topics and visuals. I did buy a few things, that's for sure. I haven't been on the site much, since the switch. I don't care for learning to re-navigate sites I'm used to.

MMissile,

I believe the few Items posted ... especially rare....not sold ... don't despair ... many among us never expected a Win for the 2 nd Amendment...most have been sitting on the fence hope" N the prices will go down ... for many ...speculation that there would be the Great Panic of 16....over  stocked , now pricing to pay the  rent?

Have patience... Sturmgwerhr is a Great Site!

This is definitely the Good old Days...