WTS NAZI proofed MG-08/15 with extra's $8500.00

mike todd

I am cleaning up the collection I manage here in texas for a collector that is mainly a shooter.  this unit I am offering, is obviously one of those retained by the german armed forces after WWI and most likely a WWII vet bringback as it is NAZI PROOFED with the eagle swastika and  "K 16" at the rear of the water jacket on top. it also appears to have been part of the post war light machine gun project before the development of the 34 as it has 4 holes in the top cover where the brass id plate would have been attached to id the model change. very little if any of the parts match.  the water jacket is in great shape with no major dents and the receiver is turning to an even brown but still a strong finish with NO PITTS or bare spots. wood is good with no cracks but a few SMALL dents there is no water elbow. it has the complete original flash/ hider / booster ass and the standard bipod. in addition to the gun sale will include                                                                              2 original drums                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           2 original belts                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               1 extra complete choice lock                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          1 extra feed block (has no lever)          offered at $9500.00 on form 4 in texas buyer pays all shipping and transfer fees                                                                                                                         this unit should make a great shooter with a seldom seen opportunity to own the provenance established by the additional proofs. if ever an example presented the wish it could speak syndrome this one has to be near the top of the list. had you been present during WWII and wanted to bring something home , not likely would it have been the 08/15 with all the MG-42's and MP-40's available  in my 50 years involved with the industry in no small way , its the first example I have seen in person other than one in the pattern room in England    .   condition overall is average for an 08/15 the top cover has the 4 holes mentioned and is an obvious refinish due to faults under the blue. refinish would have been a normal part of the various conversions attempted during the light machine gun development period and presents no concern at this point due to that.  it is not known when the plate was removed or by who but it certainly fits the remarking of the jacket etc.  I still have not been able to post any pics on this site, but can email per request. I took several shots of the waffenampts but they come out a bit fuzzy no matter the setting. they are quite clear under magnification. as is proper all the markings and proofs done at manufacture time are still present and unaltered. a great chance to get a decent shooter with some extra history  THANX FOR LOOKING MIKE  

PS  would consider a S&W 76 in trade     still looking for a trans AUG                                                                                        

Edited by mike todd
price reduced