NEWS CHICAGO POLICE DEPT REMOVING SHOTGUNS FROM SQUAD CARS

I just read about this on another gun blogsite. O.o . This idea has got to be the stupidest thing I've ever heard of for reasons that are too obvious to even need to explain. B|

Apparently the Chicago Police Department is in the process of removing all department issued shotguns from every police vehicle in the city. And NO it isn't for the purposes of upgrading to better ones either. The reason for this is because of trying to be POLITICALLY CORRECT. I'll post the link below. I must admit this is a special kind of stupid even for politicians, and any anti-gunners police officers, and chiefs.  I actually feel sorry for the officers that this is going to affect. Here's the link http://www.gunwatch.blogspot.com/20/Chicago-pd-management-pulling-in-html?M=1.  If the link doesn't work by clicking on it, then cut and paste it in your browser.

Yea like I saipod they're trying to act like they are being "politically correct" by cutting out a very important weapon from thier accessibility items.

Think about this, the general public is supposed to be able to count on the police to help keep them safe, and provide other assistance when needed. So why in the hell would the powers that be do something  (or anything ) that would hinder the polic'spolic's ability to accomplish this task?  Essentially, that is exactly what the end result of this is going to be. Unless the Chicago PD decides to equip thier officers vehicles with fully automatic weapons, whitch is usually only Reserved for members of the SWAT teams then the average cop on the beat is going to have to hopefully get by with just his duty pistol and his radio. I wish them good luck with that. And NO I'm not saying that to be sarcastic. If I were a police officer there, I'd just bring one of my own personal shotguns from home and QUIETLY carry thst with me in my department vehicle. I suspect some probably will do that too.

Is this new news? According to this page (http://www.chicagojustice.org/blog/chicago-police-assault-rifles-no-demonstrable-need) there is mention of shotguns having been removed from cars a long time ago:

"Beginning in the mid-1960s, the Chicago police deployed shotguns in patrol vehicles.  This experiment with shotguns was relatively short lived.  Eventually, the weapons were removed from patrol vehicles amidst an outpouring of community protest and resentment.  Today, Chicago Police Department policy requires District Commander approval for shotguns to be removed from the district stations to be deployed in the field."

Cincylance

Cincylance, I don't know how new it is, I just read about it the other day. I just -_-posted it here just to pass it along. Think it's still a dumb choice on behalf of the Chicago PD, they're just going to get one or more of thier officers either hurt or killed. Then if that misfortune event were to happen, the public and o.Opoliticians will only scream for tighter gun control BS. The honest gun owners will be the only ones who will end up catching the flack over it as usual. >:(

It may be a smart move.  When squads are parked at crime scenes they are often vandalized and even stolen.  Last thing you want is a free gun to go with the car?  I don't think they want their guns ending up at a terrorist event in France, it's bad PR.....for most agencies anyhow.

Johnson, that is a very dumb reason or shall I say.. excuse for taking away the officers shotgun. 

Since when has the government or L.E. ever worry about being politically correct? Especially where matters of protecting citizens and their property is concerned. And that's without saying matters of officer safety. O.o

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...