WTS: LaFrance full auto trigger pack In MP 5 host

JimVA

11E5A9F5-C460-4CB8-88DD-8F15D5F27C3C.jpgI am selling a rare LaFrance fully transferable trigger pack.  The trigger frame is the stamped/serialized part so, not being a wear item, the machine gun is immortal. The big advantage of a serialized frame over a sear is that you can swap out all new factory internals so no more re-timing hammer and friction sear since everything runs at factory spec using modern rolling sear.  Asking 34.5K  An excellent German host gun , remarked MP5, is available for 2.5 K

to purchaser .  My email is jrs6u@spamvirginia.edu (You remove "spam"  of course.  Gun will transfer on a form 3 to your dealer.  Choice of s/h and insurance is buyers 6781489B-3B82-415C-8268-7CC3EA389291.jpg3CA267A7-3BD3-4E24-BA6B-67B21C6F2236.jpgFA64F4FC-9524-4DAD-9AE5-1882C0958995.jpg

Edited by JimVA
Reduce price

Neo is out of time for project 41F, nothing else can be added. Someone else gets this one. Interesting looking pack and I like the serial #. I've seen some other LaFrance packs with housing and one even had barrel and some other part (bolt?) that were marked.

Edited by Neo

1 hour ago, eMGunslinger said:

It's a transferable box just like a DLO or any other of Tims HK jobs, it'll go in any roller gun.

Not true, this trigger housing, The registered part will not fit on the HK21, HK23 and mp5k. The reason I know is I have them. they require an different trigger housing.

8 minutes ago, eMGunslinger said:

Sigh....it's not worth arguing with people who refuse to learn anything.

You're absolutely right... some people will never get it. 

Their usual next step is to write a worthless love letter to ATF. 

YvAFX.jpg

8 hours ago, JimVA said:

11E5A9F5-C460-4CB8-88DD-8F15D5F27C3C.jpgI am selling a rare LaFrance fully transferable trigger pack.  The trigger frame is the stamped/serialized part so, not being a wear item, the machine gun is immortal. The big advantage of a serialized frame over a sear is that you can swap out all new factory internals so no more re-timing hammer and friction sear since everything runs at factory spec using modern rolling sear.  Asking 35K.  An excellent German host gun is available for 4K to purchaser .  My email is jrs6u@spamvirginia.edu (You remove "spam"  of course.  Gun will transfer on a form 3 to your dealer.  Choice of s/h and insurance is buyers

The La France Packs in fact DO NOT Take All Factory Parts it takes "some" Factory Parts here is a pic of a DLO that Takes all FACTORY Parts see any difference in the two pics? The La France will need a ReTimed Hammer and take a Proprietary Sear that will need to stay with the Pack..........YMMV

18 hours ago, eMGunslinger said:

It's a transferable box just like a DLO or any other of Tims HK jobs, it'll go in any roller gun.

The LaFrance frames do not use the factory autosear, as the hole for the autosear axis pin is absent. LaFrance appears to have registered semiauto frames, while using a non-factory autosear installed the same way that fleming, qualified, and S&H sears install in a semiauto frame.

Edited by JoshNC

4 hours ago, JoshNC said:

The LaFrance frames do not use the factory autosear, as the hole for the autosear axis pin is absent. LaFrance appears to have registered semiauto frames, while using a non-factory autosear installed the same way that fleming, qualified, and S&H sears install in a semiauto frame.

Exactly except the La France Sear is proprietary to the pack it self here is a couple of rare photos of the La France Sear within a La France Sear Pack.

image_3.jpeg

image_2.jpeg

Any reason one couldn't just weld up the corner of the pack and use a factory roller sear/trip?  And it's pretty trivial to convert it to an ambi pack.  I'm actually real tempted to get this pack.

Mit

Edited by Mit

On July 14, 2016 at 10:36 PM, Mit said:

Any reason one couldn't just weld up the corner of the pack and use a factory roller sear/trip?  And it's pretty trivial to convert it to an ambi pack.  I'm actually real tempted to get this pack.

Mit

Not saying you couldn't, but it appears the pack has the sn on it. Usually the ATF takes a dim view on converting the "conversion device" which could be the pack, but if the sear has the sn on it then I'd think you couldn't do that. Not sure what is marked on this one, but just throwing it out there as something to consider. 

I haven't heard of any La France packs having serialized internal components. Trigger frame/webbing is serialized, and all components within are free of any serials, as far as I'm aware. This involves raking the internet for months for info, talking to current owners, and to Tim La France of La France Specialties himself.

I emailed a knowledgeable person this evening.  If I hear back from them with good news, I'll buy this.  I'm also a little concerned about having to destroy the sear (conversion device) in the pack for a proper ambi pack conversion.  

Neo - I assume you don't have possession of any of your packs?  It would be interesting to see how they were converted to ambi burst packs.  A few pictures and knowing the 'smiths who did it adds a lot of comfort to "interesting" NFA issues.

Mit 

Edited by Mit

I don't have any on hand and won't until perhaps Feb/March of 2017 when the form 4s clear to my trust.

My 1st LaFrance pack was already converted from SEF to ambi 4-pos w/ 2-rnd burst by Terry Dyer, so technically those before and after pics are already on hand. However, I'd rather make my own pics than share what the seller's have provided so that I can hide serials with some painter's tape, as some people are uncanny with Photoshop and can undo censoring, and I'd just rather not risk that. I can't find any signs of welding, but I'm no gunsmith. Honestly, my ambi LS frame may have started as a F/A frame instead of semi for all I can tell, but it was reparkerized to look new, so perhaps that's the results we are to expect after this conversion. My end game is to have each of the following ambi configurations built on LS frames, & perhaps this project could be finished before the stamps are approved:LaFrance-packs-trilogy.jpg
Here are some gunsmith options for this mod, as in smiths who have performed and will perform this HK frame/webbing conversion from SEF to ambi:
TSC Machine @ $2.5k
Michael's Machines @ $500
Terry Dyer
TPM Outfitters
RDTS outsources to Don Quinnell, Fort Myers, FL

Good luck with your purchase Mit, you're choosing wisely.  With DLO frames you have to worry about the random positioning of the marking/serials, as not all DLO frames are a candidate for this modification. With the LS frames, the markings are always in the same/safe corner, with the same font size and style.  That and DLO frames are too common for my tastes, I like exclusivity.  Regarding rarity, Tim La France checked his records and the last/final HK pack that he registered was # 138. He also said, "There may be a few more but they would have been post sample by that time."

Edited by Neo