Are there any Pre-May DS MG3/MG74s out there?

StripperClips

• 3 weeks later...
On July 29, 2016 at 2:50 PM, eMGunslinger said:

Unless you are just specifically looking for a MG3/74 you can buy 74 parts and bolts to swap on a MG42 host. They aren't cheap and are hard to find, but they are around.

I was hoping that a MG3/74 would be less expensive than a MG42 because of the lack of WWII historical significance.

MG74s are all post-May sales samples, so can only transfer to SOTs with a letter or no letter when giving up the SOT to another SOTII or importer. I have never heard of a pre-May MG3 or any of the predecessors such as MG42/59, MG1 and iterations, MG1A1, etc. There might be some that have never been offered for sale, but I've been involved with 42s since 1976 so have some perspective.

If there were any post-war pre-Mays, they'd be right up there in value with WWII vintage pre-May 42s since they are in .308 and would be quite scarce. FWIW

13 hours ago, BRMCII said:

MG74s are all post-May sales samples, so can only transfer to SOTs with a letter or no letter when giving up the SOT to another SOTII or importer. I have never heard of a pre-May MG3 or any of the predecessors such as MG42/59, MG1 and iterations, MG1A1, etc. There might be some that have never been offered for sale, but I've been involved with 42s since 1976 so have some perspective.

If there were any post-war pre-Mays, they'd be right up there in value with WWII vintage pre-May 42s since they are in .308 and would be quite scarce. FWIW

Thanks. Much appreciated.