WTS HK Fleming Auto Sear $30,000

Williams

4 hours ago, philasteen said:

Another scam post.  Deal with caution. 

1 hour ago, Williams said:

Excuse me ?...

Funny to see Scammers Feign Indignation How dare we demand proof that the Sear actually exists before wiring $30,000 to some wonderful Prince in Nigeria?! Anyway, "Williams" why don't you prove everyone wrong by posting large, clear images of your Sear sitting on a piece of paper that reads: "Sturm is Great" Handwritten in Blue Ink? None of us will hold our breath waiting for you to comply with such a simple task because we already know that you cannot. So why not drop the act? Your song and dance routine don't play here...

4 minutes ago, Neo said:

The seller does Seem fishy ,something about him reeks. i recommend running for the hills ,wait for someone less fishy.

If it is a scam it's interesting that he is a lt. col. Either they are blowing money to get the rank(not likely) or they figured out a way to hack the rank. There was another new poster with a rank, first post for a high dollar item but had a $65 membership. Wonder what the story is?

Most likely the scammer is fraudulently using someone else's credit/debit card. No shipping address for the sturm staff to check against. No motive to frugally join as a sergeant when its a stolen card you're using.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, philasteen said:

This one was easy.  The grainy pics above belong to a sear I purchased last year.

Thanks for heads up......what is really frustrating is there will be some guy next week that says/swears a sear sold for the low price of $30K

By all appearances this is a deal you would want to steer clear of, or if totally serious hop a flight to Houston, and see it in person. 

The rank payment was to a Houston address, and the account shows Conroe.... Both cities are very close, and it should be noted that some individuals have more than one residence or an alternate billing address. 

I would recommend that if the seller has been wrongly flagged that he post the pic that was requested, and the everybody will have a slightly more warm and fuzzy feeling - even then a $500 trip to TX for BBQ or Texmex, and a hands on examination would be warranted in my book.

2 hours ago, caf82313 said:

Thanks for heads up......what is really frustrating is there will be some guy next week that says/swears a sear sold for the low price of $30K

I'm all for that. Hell scammers, start listing them for $16,000. I'd like a couple more. 

3 hours ago, Neo said:

Most likely the scammer is fraudulently using someone else's credit/debit card. No shipping address for the sturm staff to check against. No motive to frugally join as a sergeant when its a stolen card you're using.

Guess that's true. But shit, if I went to all the trouble to steal someone's card wouldn't I be better off buying a $50 gift card to Wally World? At least I'd have a $50 gift card in that case. 

I suppose the scammer wanted to go for the $30k prize instead of the Starbucks gift card, but he sure is being dumb and lazy about it, just as they all seem to be. Scammer's best effort:

9 hours ago, Williams said:

Excuse me ?...

This might be same scam as flagged on Subguns...

Edit: here is the scam flagged Subguns ad I mentioned. Seller is James Williams out of Texas.

"H&K MP5K PDW with registered fleming 
sear ,Gun is in a very good shape, 
with less than 100 rounds through it, 
the sear is registered in all 3 
calibers and the sear can be removed 
from this gun to be installed in other 
HK products. 
Gun is ready to transfer out to your 
dealer on a Form 4."

http://www.subguns.com/classifieds/index.cgi?db=nfafirearms&website=&language=&session_key=&search_and_display_db_button=on&results_format=long&db_id=27463&query=retrieval

Guys. It seems to me the scammers have only gotten more sophisticated after Sturm moved to pay-to-sell status. I'm not trying to knock sturm here. I'm not. Try to view this in the best of light. BUT one of the benefits put forth by paid-sturm was to cut down on the scams. Well, now we have scammers with <paid> accounts (which adds credibility to them) and they are RESPONDING to us calling them out. Previously this didnt happen as best I recall. Maybe to list an item for sale (esp a high dollar item like a sear) sturm should require a certain # of posts. That's fairly common on other sites.

BUT I completely realize that Sturm isnt MY site/business , that I have incomplete pic. of whats going on in the background. 

I'm just pissed off that scammers are using paid Sturm accounts. Before this I figured having a paid account would really really have cut down on the BS.

Calling is usually an easy way to figure out if something is a scam. I won't go into details. But I'm sure you guys know.

But dam! $30,000 is a cheap sear nowadays?! I remember a couple of years ago, the scam price was a very affordable $15,000. Inflation!

Edited by Machineguntony