Galil AA 329. Appreciate some advice

bugman

I was a member here a million years ago, and during the 1980's to early 1990's I collected firearms. Most of those collected pieces went into the safe, and now 25+ years later it is time to start selling some of them. I have rarely been a seller, and I have definitely not kept up with prices or demand. So, I would appreciate ANY information that you experienced members could share with me.

I am looking for FAIR prices on these pre-ban IMI Galil items at the current market conditions. Even a price range would be helpful. I have googled all of this and came up with very little information. Except for the spare parts mentioned in #4 below, everything I have was purchased in 1991 to approximately 1993, and has very little to zero use.

I am considering selling the following, and would appreciate any pricing information:

1. Galil, model AA 329; 308 caliber, 18 inch barrel, folding stock, threaded flash suppressor, flip-up front and rear tritium night sights, black furniture;  serial # AAL20834xx; purchased unfired in 1991 from another collector; it came with the box, no manual, one 12 round mag (stamped "IMI 1-89 12") and one 25 round mag (stamped  "IMI 1-87 B"). I shot it for function with two full 25 mags, then put it in the safe. Only removed from safe once a year to clean and lube. Condition is easily 97%. with just the rubs from firing 50 rounds.

2. Two IMI steel scope mounts. Both mounts are the throw-lever design and fit into the milled/ slotted area on the left side of the receiver. These are the "channel" design and have a separate picatinny rail insert. These are the same mounts used on the Galil sniper rifle.

3. Besides the two magazines I received with the weapon, I purchased 3 more IMI steel 25 round mags...stamped "IMI 8-93 D"

4. Various IMI replacement parts still in bags, purchased in late 1990's, include: replacement tritium front and rear sights, firing pin, extractor and spring, hammer and trigger springs.

I thought I would ask for help here because when I was a member there were a lot of helpful and knowledgeable people. I know this is a lot for a "new" member to ask. If there is some place else I should ask these questions, please direct me.

Finally, when I decide to sell these IMI items, is this currently the best place or is there some place else more appropriate...I am not into auctions.

Thank you

Jack

Edited by bugman
add info

search gunbroker ..... Completed auctions ...... Galil 308

a  332 sold for $2,850  in May 

then another 332 was listed 9 times ..... With one auction reaching $3,425 ..... Not meeting reserve.

image.jpeg

On 3 luglio 2016 at 7:54 PM, bugman said:

I was a member here a million years ago, and during the 1980's to early 1990's I collected firearms. Most of those collected pieces went into the safe, and now 25+ years later it is time to start selling some of them. I have rarely been a seller, and I have definitely not kept up with prices or demand. So, I would appreciate ANY information that you experienced members could share with me.

I am looking for FAIR prices on these pre-ban IMI Galil items at the current market conditions. I have googled all of this and came up with very little information. Except for the spare parts mentioned in #4 below, everything I have was purchased in 1991 to approximately 1993, and has very little to zero use.

I am considering selling the following, and would appreciate any pricing information:

1. Galil, model AA 329; 308 caliber, 18 inch barrel, folding stock, threaded flash suppressor, flip-up front and rear tritium night sights, black furniture;  serial # AAL20834xx; purchased unfired in 1991 from another collector; it came with the box, no manual, one 12 round mag (stamped "IMI 1-89 12") and one 25 round mag (stamped  "IMI 1-87 B"). I shot it for function with two full 25 mags, then put it in the safe. Only removed from safe once a year to clean and lube. Condition is easily 97%. with just the rubs from firing 50 rounds.

2. Two IMI steel scope mounts. Both mounts are the throw-lever design and fit into the milled/ slotted area on the left side of the receiver. These are the "channel" design and have a separate picatinny rail insert. These are the same mounts used on the Galil sniper rifle.

3. Besides the two magazines I received with the weapon, I purchased 3 more IMI steel 25 round mags...stamped "IMI 8-93 D"

4. Various IMI replacement parts still in bags, purchased in late 1990's, include: replacement tritium front and rear sights, firing pin, extractor and spring, hammer and trigger springs.

I thought I would ask for help here because when I was a member there were a lot of helpful and knowledgeable people. I know this is a lot for a "new" member to ask. If there is some place else I should ask these questions, please direct me.

Finally, when I decide to sell these IMI items, is this currently the best place or is there some place else more appropriate...I am not into auctions.

Thank you

Jack

Hi Bugman,

i'm from Italy, i'm looking for original IMI Galil mount, here in Italy apre very rare,

how much for the scope mount?

thanks

To all the members that have PM'ed me about mags, mounts, and parts......thanks for the interest, but if you read my opening post you will note that I was not listing the items for sale because I didn't (and still don't) know the prices to ask. The whole reason for this post was to ask advice on fair prices for the galil and accessories.

When I have decided on asking prices, I will list everything in the appropriate forum. Also, I believe it is only right to give the buyer of the rifle the first dibs on any additional mags, mount, etc.

So, thanks again for all the interest.

Edited by bugman

bugman sorry you got the response you did and NO HELP to the question posed, HOWEVER you cant fault a predator for following its instinct.    the gun itself is worth at least $3500 and should go reasonably fast at that price . it certainly maybe worth close to $4K but would take some time there I feel. they bid up to the $3500 pretty quick then slow just as quick.  I was at the creek, a friend told me he had just seen 3 mounts on a table less than 100ft away I ran over and all 3 were gone. this was Thursday (setup) the price was $500 one buyer bought 2 . I chased him down and offered $600 he only laughed and shook his head no.  the 25 rnd mags are around $150 ea from what I have seen. that's all I know.

were I faced with your problem, I would list them on gunbroker in a NO RESERVE AUCTION. bidders ignore many of the exotics at reservebecause they know the vendor is most likely trying to learn something. I list my stuff no reserve with a starting bid close to my guess of min value. I once sold a WWII browning cloth belt for $377.00 that I thought might bring $45. I made the min bid $40.00 and it went from there. inflated once seen values mean nothing!   SOMETHING IS ONLY WORTH WHAT IT CAN BRING IN A REASONABLE LENGTH OF TIME  if you list it for 10 days NO RESERVE and make the open bid $3500 you will find out EXACTLY what its worth. you can also search past auctions to learn some start prices.  I sold a .308 complete bolt for $1K last winter, it was not for sale but he knew I had it and bought a rifle without one for a song , so we both won    I know you said you were not into auctions, but you will loose with any other venue. should you decide to try the g-brkr  route and need any help, feel free to send me a note and I will try to help you out   what ever you decide,GOOD LUCK   MIKE

• Like 1