WTB Polytech 7.62 Ak 47 (not legends)

Craigan

Happy Friday everyone!

I'm looking for a Polytech AK in 7.62. I'm looking for the stamped ones, not the milled legends.

I've got an SWD Poly AKS in .223 in nfa jail right now, and I plan to re-barrel it into 7.62 when the stamp comes back. While I can buy NOS barrel and bolt, if I add in the spike bayonet assembly the whole lot comes out to a little more than half the price of a whole rifle.

So I figure I would find a complete 7.62 rifle and swap the components, and score myself a new-to-me 5.56 ak by doing so.

Can be a folder, can be full stock. Can be spiker, can be without. Just has to be a Poly, as the Polytech .223 mags are not interchangeable with Norincos or B West rifles. 

Thank you, and have a great Fourth!

I have available for sale a RPK style Polytech, in 7.62x39mm with stamped receiver and serial number less than 100.  This rifle has been in my safe since 1994, the rifle is in very good to excellent orignal used condition.  It comnes with 30 rd mag, flash hider, and bipod.  Price is $2750.00 delivered prepaid CONUS.  If you want to return for any reason for full purchase price less shipping rifle must be returned in as received condition and return initiated within three days of receipt prepaid.  FFl to FFL.   I am selling due to cancer and old age. 

maduce50@yahoo.com

I really appreciate your reply, and I am considering it. But I'm also hesitant due to what it is you're offering.

I didn't even mention the rpk rifles because they are already so rare, and the majority of those were imported in .223.

Considering that I would be re-barreling an underfolder with an rpk barrel and a clubfoot receiver with a standard rifle barrel, that might be a little silly looking. 

I'm going to leave this open for others to consider just now - I normally don't mind shaking things up, but Im not quite ready to disassemble a unicorn.

Thank you all the same!