WTS: HK MP5 with extras, $24,000.

jeephill

Sort of a poor choice of wording.  The gun is actually NOT married to the sear.  The sear and most any part on the gun can be replaced since the receiver is the registered part in this instance.   The sear is completely irrelevant to anything involved with the gun.   Good luck with your sale!

1 hour ago, johnsonlmg41 said:

Sort of a poor choice of wording.  The gun is actually NOT married to the sear.  The sear and most any part on the gun can be replaced since the receiver is the registered part in this instance.   The sear is completely irrelevant to anything involved with the gun.   Good luck with your sale!

44 minutes ago, Machineguntony said:

I agree with Johnson. The sear is not relevant here.

It is a registered reciever gun.

You both would be wrong.  The receiver is the registered component, correct...but without alteration.  The gun's conversion to full auto is accomplished via a non-serialized conversion sear.  And yes, that non-serialized conversion sear is permanently married to the receiver...married to that unaltered receiver in exactly the same way a slotted conversion bolt is married to a registered receiver Uzi.

Edited by jjrphs

24 minutes ago, jjrphs said:

You both would be wrong.  The receiver is the registered component, correct...but without alteration.  The gun's conversion to full auto is accomplished via a non-serialized conversion sear.  And yes, that non-serialized conversion sear is permanently married to the receiver...married to that unaltered receiver in exactly the same way a slotted conversion bolt is married to a registered receiver Uzi.

Then why show a picture of a regular HK sear in the one photo http://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/HK-SEAR-WITH-PIN-AND-SPRING-136p2115.htm that is not a picture of a conversion sear. And why two pics of different ejectors and different trip levers?...Seems to me you are trying to have a play on words "Sear married to gun"..............

12 minutes ago, caf82313 said:

Then why show a picture of a regular HK sear in the one photo http://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/HK-SEAR-WITH-PIN-AND-SPRING-136p2115.htm that is not a picture of a conversion sear. And why two pics of different ejectors and different trip levers?...Seems to me you are trying to have a play on words "Sear married to gun"..............

The sear you reference is a "trigger" sear, of course...found in every HK 9x firearm (semis, sear guns, factory full autos etc. etc. etc.)  The unserialized full auto conversion sear can be clearly seen in pics 5 & 6, installed in the pack.  It is of the variety where the trip is integral to the full auto sear...several makers made their conversion sears this way back in the day to include HTA, Ciener and David's Gun Room.  The OP would need to clarify his pics, but I suspect some of the parts you question are extras or spares.

The point is with a Registered Receiver with clip-on lower, the BATF considers the unserialized full auto sear a conversion device in and of itself...and cannot be separated from the registered receiver...just like a unserialized slotted bolt can't be separated from its RR Uzi.  Thus, it's permanently married to the gun...unlike a registered (Fleming, Qualified or S&H) sear which is "married" to an unregistered short bbl'd host which can be divorced, once the short bbl'd host is registered.  No play on words. 

• Like 2

All good except you're quoting speculation and opinion from HK pro.   Reality is a much different animal and in fact trigger packs modified as you describe attached to what are thought to be registered receivers have been recognized after the fact as the registered part and divorced from what had been previously regarded as a registered receiver.  Thus if you can't divorce it, you certainly can then replace it as has been done in many circumstances.   I've actually done these things.   It's either a part that can be modified or replaced, or a registered part/ receiver that for the most part cannot be modified or moved.  It can't be both and untouchable in both circumstances or removal of the pack for maintenance would be illegal.   (and yes I know they speculate that is the case as well, but it's simply not true).    Lots of myths in HK world and letters written that mean nothing to anyone other than the letter writer as they are not public documents, nor case law.

3 hours ago, johnsonlmg41 said:

All good except you're quoting speculation and opinion from HK pro.   Reality is a much different animal and in fact trigger packs modified as you describe attached to what are thought to be registered receivers have been recognized after the fact as the registered part and divorced from what had been previously regarded as a registered receiver.  Thus if you can't divorce it, you certainly can then replace it as has been done in many circumstances.   I've actually done these things.   It's either a part that can be modified or replaced, or a registered part/ receiver that for the most part cannot be modified or moved.  It can't be both and untouchable in both circumstances or removal of the pack for maintenance would be illegal.   (and yes I know they speculate that is the case as well, but it's simply not true).    Lots of myths in HK world and letters written that mean nothing to anyone other than the letter writer as they are not public documents, nor case law.

Sorry guy...but you don't know what in the h*ll you're talking about.  Do yourself a favor and read Tom Hoel's "THE MECHANICS OF THE HECKLER & KOCH NFA CONVERSIONS" from Small Arms Reveiw.  

It's not hard to find and it will help you understand HK conversions.  IIRC...Hoel wrote a similar piece on Uzis as well...I suggest you read that one too.  Good luck.

read it when it came out.   Good  generic info for new guys, but don't assume everything you read there is true.  I've dispensed with many a myth over the years as I actually OWN and have done many things with many NFA items over the years that others claim couldn't be done.   Most people just have no basic understanding of the NFA, and that includes most of the people at atf unfortunately,  but they can often be taught.  I think only 3 people understand why the spring was deemed illegal and why you can't use an m16 lower on a XMG upper?   I knew these things before atf, but clearly someone taught them eventually.  It's not legal for NFA branch to be under  the justice dept. and I'll let you ponder the implications of that.

Now I have to get back to work invoicing gov. for work that won't be done for months so they can cut me some checks tomorrow.

Edited by johnsonlmg41

On June 27, 2016 at 6:20 PM, caf82313 said:

Didn't you just buy the 25k sear also?

It was a scam, this is not a scam, but it's a registered reciever gun and I'm looking for a drop in.

I'm head hunting for a client and they want a drop in, otherwise I would have bought this it's a pretty good deal from a non scammer IMO.

10 hours ago, P226nut said:

It was a scam, this is not a scam, but it's a registered reciever gun and I'm looking for a drop in.

I'm head hunting for a client and they want a drop in, otherwise I would have bought this it's a pretty good deal from a non scammer IMO.

Guessing "I will take it" does not mean the same as it does on other boards and of course you would have bought it if it was a true transferable HK auto Sear it would have been about 6k under market value as a RR I think its over priced IMO.............A HK Sear is not a "Drop In" like a DIAS for a M16 just Fyi..........

• 2 months later...
On June 30, 2016 at 10:16 AM, caf82313 said:

Guessing "I will take it" does not mean the same as it does on other boards and of course you would have bought it if it was a true transferable HK auto Sear it would have been about 6k under market value as a RR I think its over priced IMO.............A HK Sear is not a "Drop In" like a DIAS for a M16 just Fyi..........

An "I will take it" becomes null and void if the poster can't produce a form or any proof that the item actually exists, and it's also pretty much void if the item being sold isn't what it is advertised to be. And of course its under value, that's why I was buying it. And Fleming and qualified Sears are drop in, not quite as easily as a Dias in an ar, but a lot more then a RR is.

An "I will take it" becomes null and void if the poster can't produce a form or any proof that the item actually exists, and it's also pretty much void if the item being sold isn't what it is advertised to be. And of course its under value, that's why I was buying it. And Fleming and qualified Sears are drop in, not quite as easily as a Dias in an ar, but a lot more then a RR is.

AMEN