In Search of an original STG44

rmoser762

I am looking for a STG 44 that my grandfather brought back to Nebraska after the war. He traded it several years ago and then it left the state, possibly to Florida.

I'm not sure how many are out there, but I am looking for one that started out in Nebraska. If anyone has a lead or any information, I'd love to hear from you.

Is there a STG 44 expert, or rare arms dealer that may be of assistance? My grandfather is still alive and I'd love to shoot it with him someday.

Thanks.

I'm not going to lie, what you're proposing is going to be incredibly difficult.

Do you happen to know what the serial number is/was, by any chance? The reason I ask is because without it, you will never 100% know if it is the one he brought back.

That being said, there likely would have been war trophy documentation and/or amnesty paperwork somewhere. Just something to narrow down inquiries with.

My unsolicited advice - look for a little while. But perhaps you should just buy an stg44 and share that with him. The memory will more than make up for the fact that its not *his* original one. If you never knew the serial number though, well, there's no saying it *isn't* his either.

• 1 month later...