Restamping Receiver

har1690

Purchasing a "pre 94" as it's  coined here in CT a HK SP89 but has been restamped Mp5k. The FFL has no knowledge understanding that it's still an SP89. He will receive the gun with the new stamping and certainly has not even heard of a SP89. Does he trust me in what the gun is supposed to be factory engraved. I think that as an FFL, I would log in my book what the gun is stamped. Just don't need the state crying about nothing. 

AHH the after market quandary show's its bad side in a potentially major issue. while I am NOT a dealer past experience has shown that any exposure to law enforcement would result in the current markings and serial number on the report.    any NOT EXISTING MARKINGS would be a guess at best. the only way to retrieve the original marks would deface it     now consider this, yes it was a "pre 94 sp89"  but that's not the case anymore.  when was it redone? that is its new birthday. if done by a lic manufacturer it should be logged in, establishing its "birth". see my point?  I have several examples in the same boat, but I DONT LIVE IN CONNECTICUT !  KUNTA BE FREE !   I LIVE IN TEXAS!!! at least for now!   cheers mike         

You don't specify, so is this gun an NFA conversion to MP5k or just an SP89 semi remarked? If NFA what does the original registration say since ATF/NFA will require that the info on the new transfer application mirror the original registration information. As noted above log in the current ID and serial on the gun.

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 11:46 AM, BRMCII said:

You don't specify, so is this gun an NFA conversion to MP5k or just an SP89 semi remarked? If NFA what does the original registration say since ATF/NFA will require that the info on the new transfer application mirror the original registration information. As noted above log in the current ID and serial on the gun.

To specify it's just the SP89 remarked, no NFA here.