WTS: German Leopard 1 Main Battle Tanks (3) - SOLD - Pics

Gentlemen,

I went back and fourth on which board to post these on... The fact that the 105mm main guns can be remanufactured after demil and registered as a DD has landed me here. 

We, along with our licensed importer (years of expierence doing import work) have located 12 (9 sold so far) German Leopard 1 main battle tanks. Currently located at a secure facility in Europe. They are all in excellent complete running condition. 120mm main guns are in tact (proper demil would take place prior to import). Interior is good. These need nothing. 

As per US guidlines, main gun would be properly demilled prior to import. We have sold 9 tanks so far to customers in the US and they are right now in the process of being prepared for shipping and having guns demilled. 

We have been to this lot and have inspected these tanks in person. The photos below are our photos that we took. 

For any potential buyers, with a 10% refundable deposite, we would return to the facility that these are housed at and get photos of the actual tank you would receive (being their are 3 to choose from) and send detailed photos prior to finalizing the sale.

We can have these shipped to the port of your choice in the US. Shipping will range from 8-12k depending on location of the port. Proper demil of the main gun is included in the shipping cost. Tank weighs approximately 40 tons.

$SOLD

For specs and fine details on these machines please see link below:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leopard_1

Aaron - Mohnton, Pa

Sales@BeltFeds.Com

BeltFeds.Com (coming soon)

image_8.png

image_119.jpeg

image_118.jpeg

image_120.jpeg

image_121.jpeg

** BELOW ARE FOR REFERENCE ONLY TO BETTER SHOW WHAT THESE TANKS LOOK LIKE**

image_122.jpeg

image_123.jpeg

image_124.jpeg

Edited by Aaron in Mohnton Pa
  • Like 3

@HKFanatic I believe they can be properly registered to use in parades or sanctioned events....but as a vehicle which is 11ft wide, there is no way they would ever be street legal.....I don't believe any tracked vehicles are street legal in the United States. 

Aaron - Mohnton, Pa

M60.MachineGun@Aol.Com

BeltFeds.Com (coming soon)

image.jpeg

Per some questions I have received on this and for those who do not already know.... Per the ATF, the main guns on these tanks are considered destructive devices. As such, they must be demilled prior to import. We demil these by cutting the breach ring, making the main gun inoperable. Once imported, if you wanted to register it as a destructive device via  ATF / form 1 ...that can be done. Please do your research on that prior to inquiring about purchasing if your interested in registering the main gun. 

Aaron - Mohnton, Pa

• 2 weeks later...

Aaron,

How does one transport these tanks from one site to another? Would a Ford F-150 be able to pull one of these?

I am really tempted. I don't have enough land to drive on, but I have storage space and would take it to shoots.

Also, are the shells reloadable? What do the shells use as propellant? Are the shells just giant versions of firearms cartridges?

I had a picture of a fellow Sturm member transporting one of these but I can't find it anywhere. Most times they use low boy trailers similar to what you would transport construction equipment with.

They weigh 40 ton so I highly doubt an F150 would pull it. I think they may be rated to hauling 10 tons? But that's just a guess. Their may be some larger pick ups though that could pull it with the correct breaking system on the trailer but I have no clue on that. 

One customer was quoted at $10 a loaded mile for transporting. 

I am unsure of exactly how the rounds are made up. These have 120mm guns on them which use a casing similar to a firearms cartridge as you suggest but that's the extent of my knowledge on them as far as reloading. 

I know of a class 10 manufacturer on here who has in depth knowledge on it. I'd pass his information along to you if you consider buying one. 

I know there was a scorpion armored vehicle at OFAST that was running a 30mm main gun and it was a big hit. I'd suspect a full size modern main battle tank rolling around at the shoot would be a show stopper for sure. 

Aaron - Mohnton, Pa

I'll ask around to see if there is any realistic way for a urban guy like me to haul one of these around. Without the ability to move it around, it would do me no good.

I would absolutely love to have one of these at a shoot. You already know what MG I would mount on it. Lol

At 40t you're going to need a semi  and low boy trailer to haul it around and you'll need a commercial license with air brake certification.  

Not it really a practical toy to tow around.  However don't let that discourage you, it's a tank!

Ron

Thanks for he info Ron... I knew somebody with more in depth hauling knowledge then me could provide some insight.

The weight and size me likely be why we see more people with BMPs, APCs etc at these shoots. Much lighter. 

We can get those as well should anyone be interested.

Aaron - Mohnton, Pa

image_132.jpeg

image_133.jpeg

11 hours ago, Machineguntony said:

I'll ask around to see if there is any realistic way for a urban guy like me to haul one of these around. Without the ability to move it around, it would do me no good.

7C650D5E-402D-47C5-B608-86F3D00FF5F4_zps

Edited by damcv62
  • Like 1

For fun:

40 tons  is 80,000 lbs.. You'll need a lowboy probably at least with a rating of 100,000lbs (you have to consider the weight of the trailer on the rating).  Then you need something to pull it.

The highest towing for an F150 is about 10,000 lbs so you'll need 10 of them too.

A diesel F450 can tow about 30,000lbs so you'd need a few of them.

Here's a Ford towing your tank on a trailer (kind of) same weight at least.

Just to give all an appreciation for how much stuff weighs and how much power and torque is sitting in that Leopard as well.  Tanks are pretty darn cool.B|

Ron

The reality from a guy who has owned several Euro pieces of Armour

I thought my 10000 pound Ferret MK 2 and 9 ton 18000 pound Saracen 6 wheel were a pain to move around, 8 X that weight would be incredible, but, vetter than an M1 Abrams. This is a vehicle for the guys with those thousand acre Ranches in Texas and AZ ,

"Street legal" do you know how much a set of rubber pads for those tracks probably cost from Rheinmetall or even surplus,? YOU will need them for sure, AND You will need a friend in the National Guard with a tank hauler who needs practice drills and helps you at the same time, or a Low-Boy and a Semi-Otherwise a mile of asphalt to repair would cost aound what you paid for the Leo.1, LOL!!!

Be sure you bring over many spare parts, My Ferret has broken me up, Figure its like servicing a Mercedes on super-Steroids. Be sure to import spares while you are bring it in as shipping them in later is a pain much less finding them,remember the  filters, and hoses, belts, bulbs, cables, Electrical harnesses, a few spare road wheels, track sections, and the approproiate specialized tools to maintain ( No, NAPA doesn't have it) it unless you just want a big expensive Yard monument to German engineering excellence! Don't forget the manuals about a foot thick all together you will need and a point of contact to troubleshoot, also a course in German would be helpful (Naturlich mein Freund!)

There it would be a fantastic toy, The scrap value is probably nearly the price asking I guess, I will buy a couple lottery tickets,

As for reloading?????? OK, These use a semi-Combustable case that ends in only a stub after firing the 120mm, Sorry your Dillon 550 won't do it! The rnd weighs about 65 pounds as I recall, Never mind the DD parts save your money for diesel, They get about 2-3 miles a gallon without fast turbo action being conservvative, , which really isn't bad considering the vehicle! Its like a race car, if you ask about the mileage you can't afford it in the first place. wrong level thinking!!!!

I saw those 8 wheel Drive APC's he is showing ,They are called OT-64s when I was in Czech Republic and in Slovakia, they were only like 8000.00 and in great condition, Talk about a go anywhere machine, I loved driving one over there on the course they had to sell them to silly Americans and Brits.

Good luck with your purchase!!  I am envious to be sure, Maybe I will get more lottery tickets tonight for the Mega and buy a whole Tank company of 13 of them, a ranch, practice ammo, and 2 Cheap Blonde Female Leopard mechanikers, It should be a blast if I win it.

And HOPE to God Texas secedes from the Union, I will have the first Panzer Division started for sure to defend it

Greg at Alpine Military Concepts!! Need any M249 or M240 or M2HB parts, I need  a downpayment for a Tank I think, I do love a challenge after all!!!

GPrue8@aol.com

828-773-1938

• Like 2

Is it 105mm rifles or 120 smooth bore? The demil would have torch cut holes in the barrel and I'm trying to figure out where to get a new barrel. Reinmetal makes all the 120's for the leapord and abrums. It's going to be very hard to find.

The lot had a bunch of 105s... But the last three are 120mm Main guns.. Demil is cutting of the breech ring. I'm not aware of any holes being torched in the barrel. Unless your country (assuming your not from America based on your flag next to your name) requires something different. 

Aaron

I own quite a few pieces of armor and purchased five of these Leopards and can tell you that the chamber area MUST BE CUT in order to be allowed in this country. Not sure of how many tanks you've imported into the United States but that is a BATF requirement. One of my staff will be out there this month to cut both the breach ring and chamber to current spec's. 

V/R

Ron

@tanksalot thanks for your input! I am by no means an expert or as knowledgable as some other board members on armor. As far as I know the demil process does change from time to time...we do everything through a licensed importer who ensures the main guns are demilled to ATF spec prior to import. 

Aaron - Mohnton, Pa

19 hours ago, tanksalot said:

every piece of artillery I have had my hands on has been demilled differently, and luckily none of them had a hole in the chamber.  Are the rules different when importing or do the rules change over time?

They have changed the rules. The barrel didn't have to have the chamber (high pressure area) demilled before but now they do. I have a Chieftain MBT and a D-44 anti-tank gun with a demilled chambers but also have earlier imported Abbott 433 self-propelled guns and a T-55 with intact chambers. I also have a Sherman and two Sexton's with intact chambers. 

As for artillery, I've seen quite a few pieces that I've passed on because the demil looked more like a "dewat" with minor welding of the breech block to the ring. I've passed on the few I've seen because there is no paper trail to prove a release from the government and there's always a chance that it was sold off by staff from a VFW that was closing.

There's a lot of that stuff out there and even though the .gov may not come down with an iron fist, they will seize your item and you get no compensation for it. I met a guy who restored a Huey UH-1C down in Florida and he purchased it from another collector who owned it for years. Turned out that it was from a VFW that closed and the DoD came and recovered it. 

Edited by Ron C in Las Vegas, NV

• 2 years later...