kirk in wisc

ripped off by high powered armory! CROOKS!

43 posts in this topic

anyone ever deal with the crooks at high powered armory in Youngstown ohio?  here is what happened to me

bought 3 yhm phantom silencers from them on feb 28th. paid the same day by credit card the amount of 1,184.50.  they confirmed they got the money and my ffl and sot, and they would send out the paperwork.  dealer to dealer takes about 40 to 60 days give or take, so I waited a bit over 60 days and called high powered armory on about may 15th.  leea at high powered said to give it a bit more, as transfers are taking 6 months even for dealers ( what a lie! )  so I called her again ( extremely difficult to get them to answer phone ) about  a week later and told her to immediately email me a copy of the form 3, which she did. it showed march 5th as the filled out date. I then called the batf who said it isn't in their system, and that high powered has no pending transfers at all ( leea had told me they had a lot of transfers pending ). the batf also told me that only one of the serial numbers were registered to high powered and 2 were registered to someone else.  so I called leea again, she said she called the batf, and they told her they were still pending. I re-called the batf who assured me they were not in the system.

I then called leea and told her to immediately refund my money to my card. she said it would take 2 to 3 days to get on it. after the 4th day no money, I called her again. she said her credit card machine was broken, it couldn't do refunds, but could process transactions. so, I called visa, and they told me that if you can make transactions, you can refund money.

so, leea said she would send me a check on june 7th and it would go out in that days mail. from ohio to Wisconsin is about 4 days at most.  still no check, and they wont answer the phone at all.  so, I ran a check on them on gunbroker, horrible feedback rating. lots of ripped off people. some had been sent refunds, then a stop payment put on the refund. guns not shipped ect. they also have quite a few complaint on the better business bureau.  tried getting gunbroker to help, but they would rather let crooks stay on their site as long as they get their money.  

so basically, they scammed me from the beginning of my money. so, I am calling the Youngstown police dept on Thursday to file fraud claim and hopefully get charges on them. I am also contacting an attorney in ohio to sue them in court .

if anyone knows these scum bags let me know. DO NOT do business with these crooks!  

Kirk:

I'm Not familiar with the criminals that swindled you but really appreciate the warning regarding these Fuck-Tards. Maybe you'll be able to get all of their victims to bring one big Class Action against them. I hope you are successful in recovering the money they stole from you and it sounds like they deserve to spend serious time behind bars. Good luck and please keep us posted concerning any developments.

I Buy Original, German Factory, Post-Sample, HK 21E Machine Guns, Receivers and 21E Parts. Contact me if you have or know of any for sale.

Michael: Precision Technology: 07 FFL / Class 2 Mfg in AZ: pt72@mac.com

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm proud to be an NRA Life, Endowment, Patron and Benefactor member as well as remaining an NRA Golden Eagle for many years.

Give to the NRA each and every year until it Hurts!! Our Second Amendment Rights are more at risk now than ever before...

VOTE Every Election (city, county, state & federal) - the Life you Save may very well be your ownTM

God Help Us Defeat Hillary Clinton, the Treasonous Bull-Dyke Cunt!

I mean I have no skin in the game but I have a couple of F3's that have taken a hell of a lot longer then 60 days. So on that I have to say you are wrong on. As far as the rest of your claims they may or may not be true, I've had ATF forms that when I called I was told "they aren't in the system" and yet the forms came back approved shortly after. I don't trust anything the contractors answering the phones state. YMMV. 

1 person likes this

Well. This is the first time the batf has told me it wasn't in the system.  Irregardless,  I asked for my money back, because of all the lies I was told. They simply refuse to give it back. I've given back refunds to buyers before, and did so immediately.  Look them up on gunbroker. They sell under the name highpoweredarmory.  Nothing but crooks. I am calling the batf also to see if they can do anything. These crooks should not have a license. 

Kirk in wisc,

Sorry to hear of your troubles...

Some Credit Card companies offer fraud protection... may be worth checking out...

Thanks. Already tried that. Was denied. You have 60 days, some will go up to 90 days. Unfortunately it's over the limit.  Called the police in ohio. They said nothing they can do. So basically you can just rip people off and nothing will happen. Did contact a lawyer, who said we will sue them in,small claims and get a judgement against them . Will cost me about 300.00 to do that, but we'll worth it. He said we will get lawyer fees also in the judgement.  

kirk, DONT GIVE UP! take em to the limit. sad to say gunbroker will/is no help to buyers they only want the money.   I still believe they are related to ebay by ownership  and have tried to dig that up for my own satisfaction if nothing else.         I was given a 30 cal suppressor for a birthday present from a dealer in Arizona. the transfer to my texas dealer took 8 MONTHS and that was after calls made every two weeks . I have form 4's been in the system almost 3 tears and some calls result in a NOT IN SYSTEM REPLY. next day STILL UNDER REVIEW.  other examples have been submitted the 4th time as they claim forms lost. checks cashed for stamp NO HELP. so they are in various forms of confusion at diff times WHILE THEY HAVE TO ANSWER TO NO ONE!  one supervisor has not responded to DAILY tele calls and WEEKLY emails just to confirm receipt of a package of forms HE REQUESTED???  ugh oh this turned into me venting, rather than helping you. SORRY just wanted to let you know you were not alone in your misery.    mike

I only accept postal money orders. contact me DIRECTLY before sending any funds                                           email  myoldiron@outlook.com        

Hi mike. Guess I've been lucky, as none of my form 3s have ever taken more than 70 days.  Gunbroker is a joke. They don't care at all about the scammed and crooks, as long as they are getting the money. I too have heard ebay owns gunbroker.  Lots of crooks out there!. 

They are local (25 miles) to me. I have seen them at NE OH gun shows. Stopped at their location on a Saturday last winter. The shop is an automotive shop specializing in stupid oversize wheels and tires. The crackhead looking guy that was there said they had no inventory on the premises, but they had over a million dollar inventory. I remember a few years ago when they first opened they had a burglary where AUTOMATIC weapons were stolen and some were later recovered in the hands of local gang members. Good luck with your recovery effort.

Kirk - I purchased an out-of-state NFA firearm (found thru Sturm) about March 6th. Over 3 mos went by and still no F3. Called a week ago and the robot-like voice on the other end did acknowledge its in the system, and that ALL transfers (including F3's) have been taking 5 to 7 months. So I'm doing my best to be patient. My dealer told me that an unusually high number of suppressor xfrs have slowed the system. (300 blackout?)

I once had a Reising F4 take over two years - about 12 yrs ago. But the branch did seem concerned during my final call (at that time, almost embarrassed) and a high-ranking Keith Houtchins (?) personally got on it and the F4 was received in three days. 

I hope for your sake that asking for the refund didn't complicate things even worse.....

I encourage you to be patient, and know it's happened to other folks too. Don't lose hope. Though it does test ones patience for sure. 

I called BATFE last week to check on a Form3 and lady said they were just now "entering" forms they received in mid-March. I think they receive the forms, deposit any checks immediately, but then stack the forms up to be entered. Thats why so many appear "not to be in the system". Id be willing to bet all was well and your Form3 was slowly working its way to be entered. The lady said Form3s are taking about 4 months now. Thanks to 41F

Posted (edited)

I'm at a loss for words after someone copied and pasted the link to this page. The claim of being ripped off or stolen from is ridiculous. You were made aware that NFA has been taking 4-6 weeks just to start processing form 3s. We've had ones that were just approved after almost 5 months. This is the name of the game. No one likes the wait but to openly slander us on a forum because you had to wait is ridiculous. We ship all orders within 24-48hrs after. This is the name of the game. Some people understand the wait and others well we know what the others do. That's why I was directed to this post. Tell the truth though Kirk the credit card processor had issues with the refund and a check was issued immediately when you said you no longer wanted to wait. I would be more then happy to post the copy of the check you signed and cashed within days of this post. Would you prefer to tell the truth or prefer me post the truth. I find this extremely disturbing you received this check on 6-11 the check cleared the bank 6-17 and was deposited on 6-14 but you made this post on 6-16. The name of his company is KJB Limited. Guess we should be watching out for him if this is how he conducts business 

Edited by High Powered Armory

Scofieauto

On 6/17/2016 at 6:39 PM, Scofieauto said:

They are local (25 miles) to me. I have seen them at NE OH gun shows. Stopped at their location on a Saturday last winter. The shop is an automotive shop specializing in stupid oversize wheels and tires. The crackhead looking guy that was there said they had no inventory on the premises, but they had over a million dollar inventory. I remember a few years ago when they first opened they had a burglary where AUTOMATIC weapons were stolen and some were later recovered in the hands of local gang members. Good luck with your recovery effort.

To address your comment our website and Facebook list Youngstown as appointment only. We have 3 other locations that are walk in that you can walk in and shop. No need to insult an employee or anyone else for that matter it's classless. You can browse our website it's more like over 3 million dollars now. Things progress quick. 

Lea, you are full of lies! I FINALLY got the check. A full week and a half from when you said you sent it. I got the check before I posted this? Lies again. I have the envelope with the postage date clearly marked on it to show when it was shipped and my bank tab to show when it was deposited. Do you really want to play this game? You should not be in business. I left MANY messages with no call back. I would call sometimes 10 times a day on 3 different phones and still no answer. People can decide for themselves who the scammers are. Simply look you up on gunbroker under highpoweredarmory, how can you defend all your negative feedbacks? Then look me up under burpfire. I have also been selling for yrs on Sturm under kirk in wisc.  This could have all been avoided had you simply refunded my money when you said you were going to, and ANSWER your phone or RETURN messages! 

Shots have been fired ....but no one has hit anything?

I'm done with it. I got my money back finally. Everyone can decide for themselves who is telling the truth. Go to gunbroker, look up highpoweredarmory. Then look me up under burpfire.  My foolish mistake not to check their feedback first.  There are also numerous complaints against them in the better business bureau.  You have been warned!

I am simply responding to this while I travel today;

Mr Birdquist, you were notified that your refund would not be a problem but I no longer use the same credit processor so a business check for the full amount was issued. I did not charge a restocking fee as a professional courtesy.  I spoke with you about this during one of many phone conversations. (Obviously, since you stated you called ten times per day from different phone numbers).

I was extremely professional and accommodating,  you on the other hand Mr. Birdquist became very vulgar and aggressive with how you spoke to me. 

I believe fraud constitutes a person paying for an item they never receive. In this case, you were unable to receive the item until the proper transfer was received. The tranafer is not in my control but to satisfy a customer I issued your refund, in full. 

I sent your serial numbers, helped you call to check status and you simply did not wait your turn. 

I will include a link to the cashed check if needed this evening when available. 

Long story short, shame on you Mr. Birdquist. 

-Lia@HPA 

will include a link to the cashed check if needed " 

If my reputation was in question,  then the answer is obvious.... proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

You can not be labeled a crook .

Poor business practices at the worst.

Please end the madness....

Try calling the regional BATF for the company, probably Madison, WI.  They have some leverage regarding licensing reviews for FFL holders.

Clicked on the link and it was compromised by a virus?

I guess the truth is in the eyes of the beholder....

Posted (edited)

Someone calls someone a crook, but didn't lose any money? WTF

Patience is a virtue for all things NFA related. Form 3's are now taking 4+ months due to 41F. Buyers need to take a chill pill and relax a little. Everything is taking double the time they did just a few months ago. Educate yourselves,  and deal with it.

Edited by Tall Pine
poor speller
2 people like this

I couldn't agree more... if there is one thing I have learned in the NFA world  it is patience...no logic or reason can explain the ATF &E ....

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Born loser...in Montana said:

I guess the truth is in the eyes of the beholder....

I redid the link and added pictures one by one. Let me know if it forwards it again. 

HPA, 

Thanks for your posts.

And  renewed links. However, I am not computer literate. Not willing to risk my system after the first initial attack. Hopefully someone else will review your evidence and redeem your reputation...IMO for what it's worth ... you have made things right  , by refunding the customers money. 

Hopefully a lesson learned by all ...one voice can make a difference.

Posted (edited)

14 hours ago, Born loser...in Montana said:

HPA, 

Thanks for your posts.

And  renewed links. However, I am not computer literate. Not willing to risk my system after the first initial attack. Hopefully someone else will review your evidence and redeem your reputation...IMO for what it's worth ... you have made things right  , by refunding the customers money. 

Hopefully a lesson learned by all ...one voice can make a 

Unfortunately we have about 50 form 3s out and people are getting very pushy because they won't be able to form 4 their item before the deadline. Some people are dissapointed but this dealer who made the post was extremely vulgar with Lia who does the paperwork and she is the absolute most professional and kind person I believe in the industry and to get about 30 phones calls a day yelling did my form get approved yet was to say the least insane. 10 times a day from 3 different phones. I had ex girlfriends that were crazy that didn't call that much from one phone a day lol. 

Paul Groves 

HIGH Powered Armory LLC

Posted (edited)

Post proof the form was submitted. end of discussion..............................................

Maybe even spelling Kirk's last name proper ??

Edited by JnC Manufacturing

Posted (edited)

High Powered Armory are thieves. I've delt with them and the guy is a liar and a thief. If anyone knows Dan Richardson ask him about them. They screwed him on some minigun parts. This business is too small to screw folks over.  You'll get yours in the end!

Edited by AMR Arms

On 6/29/2016 at 0:36 AM, JnC Manufacturing said:

Post proof the form was submitted. end of discussion..............................................

Paul, 

Please post  or perish...

On 7/5/2016 at 11:52 PM, AMR Arms said:

High Powered Armory are thieves. I've delt with them and the guy is a liar and a thief. If anyone knows Dan Richardson ask him about them. They screwed him on some minigun parts. This business is too small to screw folks over.  You'll get yours in the end!

I'll call BS on that claim right now. It's always a friend of friend that someone claims for screwed over. We are far to large of a company to screw anyone out of a penny never have never will. Only empty BS claims by small time companies trying to make a name for themselves 

Posted (edited)

On 7/10/2016 at 1:17 AM, Born loser...in Montana said:

Paul, 

Please post  or perish...

Here you go. Give the NFA a call give them the serial numbers and they will be happy to tell you when they were entered and the day we canceled them due to the demand of the customer 

http://s1091.photobucket.com/user/highpowerd/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160711_014744_1.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Inspector handling these forms was Chason Trasport. would be happy to provide his email to end the games. Form 3 was submitted 5 days after payment was submitted beca use we waited on his valid SOT. 

Posted (edited)

On 7/5/2016 at 11:52 PM, AMR Arms said:

I got a $1000 dollar check with your name on it when you provide proof we ever ripped you or your buddy off in anyway. You provide valid proof right here on this forum of it and I will be happy to mail this check out immediately. I have to assume the company name you use is fake. I see nothing on the Internet or our system with your name on it. Only info for your company is a fake troll page on Facebook with no info just a picture. Did a complete email search for your company name and nothing. 

22 hours ago, High Powered Armory said:Form 3 was submitted 5 days after payment was submitted beca use we waited on his valid SOT. 

Paul, 

This seems reasonable.

Thanks for posting the cancelled forms. 

Glad you are trying to make things right.

1 person likes this

Form dated 3-5-16. No receipt for mailing or fax time date stamp or any other proof it was submitted ?

Refund check written 3 days after initial poster complaint on Sturm.

Either way Kirk got his $ back.

5 hours ago, JnC Manufacturing said:

Form dated 3-5-16. No receipt for mailing or fax time date stamp or any other proof it was submitted ?

Your kidding right. The post was June 16th. The check was written on the 8th. He cashed it on the 14th and it hit my account the 16th. He wrote the review the same day he was refunded in full to leave a false slanderous review of my company and after seeing your responses I have to assume you're friends with him or you business ethics to attack another business are terrible. What you are speculating is the forms were never sent in. If your business is that slow that you have time to make that accusation call the NFA and verify it. We have 4 store locations and a distribution warehouse along with an 07/02 manufacturing facility where we actually manufacture all the parts except plastic that your company just puts together for other people that supply parts to you. If you think this company has grown to what it has by collecting money and not sending forms in only to issue refunds then your common sense is half as bad as your business ethics. 

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, JnC Manufacturing said:

1 hour ago, High Powered Armory said:

Your kidding right. The post was June 16th. The check was written on the 8th. He cashed it on the 14th and it hit my account the 16th. He wrote the review the same day he was refunded in full to leave a false slanderous review of my company and after seeing your responses I have to assume you're friends with him or you business ethics to attack another business are terrible. What you are speculating is the forms were never sent in. If your business is that slow that you have time to make that accusation call the NFA and verify it. We have 4 store locations and a distribution warehouse along with an 07/02 manufacturing facility where we actually manufacture all the parts except plastic that your company just puts together for other people that supply parts to you. If you think this company has grown to what it has by collecting money and not sending forms in only to issue refunds then your common sense is half as bad as your business ethics. 

Lea, you are so full of lies! I got the check 2 days AFTER I made this post! The letter from you wast stamped a week and a half later than when you said you would refund my money. Why would I come on here and say I was ripped off by you if I had already had the money. That's all I wanted was my money back, and finally did, after about 60 phone calls to you of which about 50 were not answered!  You and your so called company is pathetic! You don't have an honest bone in you! Funny how you avoid talking about your horrendous feedback on gunbroker, where you actually have ripped people off! Not to mention all the complaints about you on the better business website. I am extremely glad I have money back.  I am also glad I have exposed you for what you are. I have gotten quite a few personal emails from people who have also had terrible dealings with you. I would sure like you to explain all the terrible feedback on gunbroker. I'm sure ALL those people are liers and you did nothing wrong. Face it, you are pathetic and so is your company. 

18 minutes ago, kirk in wisc said:

Lea, you are so full of lies! I got the check 2 days AFTER I made this post! The letter from you wast stamped a week and a half later than when you said you would refund my money. Why would I come on here and say I was ripped off by you if I had already had the money. That's all I wanted was my money back, and finally did, after about 60 phone calls to you of which about 50 were not answered!  You and your so called company is pathetic! You don't have an honest bone in you! Funny how you avoid talking about your horrendous feedback on gunbroker, where you actually have ripped people off! Not to mention all the complaints about you on the better business website. I am extremely glad I have money back.  I am also glad I have exposed you for what you are. I have gotten quite a few personal emails from people who have also had terrible dealings with you. I would sure like you to explain all the terrible feedback on gunbroker. I'm sure ALL those people are liers and you did nothing wrong. Face it, you are pathetic and so is your company. 

You exposed nothing you exposed what a lunetic you are. If you didn't cancel the transaction. I do not feel in anyway you are mentally stable to own firearms and would never feel comfortable sending you one. Our feedback on gunbroker is exactly what it is. We run into bad weeds like you and we don't negotiate we refund and move. Let me know when your company pumps out around 15 million a year in sales and retain and A+ rating on all sale forums including BBB and gunbroker but of course you would like the other like minded individuals attempt to slanderous us because of your own doing and impatience. Business owners like yourself are the thorn in the industry. I have no issue with being harsh with people like you as its the only way to get a point across. I'll check back on your company in a few years. I will bet the farm the doors will be closed. You yelled at me on the phone as if I were your child because your forms were pending. Maybe you should've told the truth that you called the NFA and verified they were pending and you no longer wanted to wait and demanded a refund while screaming at the top of your lungs. A simple request would've also got the point across but you did say you were off your meds so I guess that's a valid excuse in your world. In the real world all of the other customers and especially businesses are patiently waiting med free on our transactions. Like the posters above you said educate yourself and be patient. Unfortunate for you potential customers will Google search you and read your comments and run for the hills. It's a terrible spotlight you've put on your company. You're the only one who doesn't realize it yet. I truly wish you the best of luck with business and your mental health. 

Posted (edited)

You also claimed you got the check days after the post which was a lie but even if you claim it's not you never posted you were refunded you just left it at you got ripped off. Shame on you. If someone didn't bring it to our attention you made the post you would've just left it at rhat. 

11 minutes ago, High Powered Armory said:

You exposed nothing you exposed what a lunetic you are. If you didn't cancel the transaction. I do not feel in anyway you are mentally stable to own firearms and would never feel comfortable sending you one. Our feedback on gunbroker is exactly what it is. We run into bad weeds like you and we don't negotiate we refund and move. Let me know when your company pumps out around 15 million a year in sales and retain and A+ rating on all sale forums including BBB and gunbroker but of course you would like the other like minded individuals attempt to slanderous us because of your own doing and impatience. Business owners like yourself are the thorn in the industry. I have no issue with being harsh with people like you as its the only way to get a point across. I'll check back on your company in a few years. I will bet the farm the doors will be closed. You yelled at me on the phone as if I were your child because your forms were pending. Maybe you should've told the truth that you called the NFA and verified they were pending and you no longer wanted to wait and demanded a refund while screaming at the top of your lungs. A simple request would've also got the point across but you did say you were off your meds so I guess that's a valid excuse in your world. In the real world all of the other customers and especially businesses are patiently waiting med free on our transactions. Like the posters above you said educate yourself and be patient. Unfortunate for you potential customers will Google search you and read your comments and run for the hills. It's a terrible spotlight you've put on your company. You're the only one who doesn't realize it yet. I truly wish you the best of luck with business and your mental health. 

WOW! Now I'm on or off meds? You couldn't tell the truth if your life depended on it! You know as well as I do, that I called the batf 4 times, and got 3 different people who all told me the same thing, that they were never in the system, and high powered had no pending transfers for anything, even though you told me you had tons of them pending.  I like how you costantly brag you have millions in inventory, yet the negative feedback on gunbroker states that you have repeatedly sold guns without being in stock, and then take forever to get them the gun or not at all. I knew you would blame your horrendous feedback on the buyers.  Hopefully by exposing this, alot of people will no longer do business with you. As far as my business,  I'm doing good. You see, I don't lie or deceive people when they buy something, not to mention, I ANSWER the phone! All this could have been avoided if you would have been honest and ethical, of which you are neither. 

Aint this gone on long enough? You think everyone who comes here wants to have toread this or filter this out? I guess I'll take a week off from sturmgewehr.com & hope this is over when I return. If not I'll never return.

1 person likes this