WTS: 1928 A1 Savage Thompson $27,500

Gun Lady

Lend lease gun with strong original finish. Matching upper and lower correct parts. Serial nos. S-167927. Nice collectible C&R gun. Fired very little, sharp bore. "Tommy Gun" receiver markings. Original finned barrel with Cutts Compensator. Lyman adjustable sight. Unknurled Savage actuator. Uncheckered paddle safety and selector levers. Smooth ejector. US and British broad arrow acceptance marks. WWII drum magazine. Has been a safe queen the last 20 years. Has served in Allentown, Pa. Police Dept. On form 4 in Pa. Class 3 dealer for the last 25 years. Pictures available upon request(CDINC@MSN.COM). Price is $27,500. If you'd like to call our phone nos. is (610)865-4355. Hours are Wed.-Fri. 10-5:30 Eastern time and Sat. 9-1 when we're not at a gun show. 

This Thompson was offered to me.... sadly it is above my pay grade!!

I have known the dealer for 20+ years they are a very nice couple and have dealt with them on other guns and they are good folks to deal with.

I encouraged them to list the gun here, took the photos and evaluated the gun.

I have owned 2 Thompsons and know what to look for regarding correct parts.

I believe it to have all the parts it left the factory with back in 1941.

All parts have the S stamps on them. The finish is original dulite factory finish.

The barrel is the original one and  like new , the gun has been fired very little.

It has been proof stamped  by the US and Brits and has the Tommy Gun receiver stamp.

Overall it is a very nice all original Tommy Gun.

The buttstock is rough.The seller has included a brand new unissued GI buttstock with the reinforced crossbolt .

The drum is a WW2 Bridgeport.The back of the drum has 2 dents .

The gun will be range tested on Monday.

IMG_2677.JPG

IMG_2673.JPG

IMG_2703.JPG

IMG_2701.JPG

IMG_2700.JPG

IMG_2697.JPG

IMG_2694.JPG

IMG_2692.JPG

IMG_2684.JPG

IMG_2682.JPG

IMG_2681.JPG