the Russian Spetsnaz battle knife/gun

Hey guys,

I'm searching for a particular knife that is currently issued to members of the Russian Spetsnaz troops, it is called the  NRS-2. It is a special forces type of knife that conceals inside the handle a hidden firing mechanism that is capable of firing a 7.62mm bullet out of the knifes handle. It is a single shot use item that is also functions as a built in suppressor too. 

I've searched a few Russian blog sites trying to find one but they are a bit leary of providing assistance to people from the west IE- USA based people. 

Anyway anybody around here know of where and/or how I can purchase one of those knives? I'll try to post a picture below but I haven't had much success in posting pics on this site but I'll try again.

Amy assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Well trying to post a picture of the knife failed. Oh well big surprise there.

New info added as of may 27, 6:30 pm.

I'm gonna try again to put up some new photos of this knife. Damn I really want one too. Dammit 

Edited by motorcycling951
this fucken system still won't let me post picd

• 4 weeks later...

I had one!   got it with a bunch of "grey stuff" that an importer brought in and got cold feet with. In an attempt to establish legality with out putting me or my collection in danger, I managed to have a retired atf examiner at a SAR SHOW give his opinion. he stated its importation was not legal as done, and was not aware of anyway it could be registered. at best its "any other weapon".     again I'm no expert that was just the way it went down for me. 

• Like 1

search?q=nrs-2+ammo&biw=1649&bih=964&tbm The sound suppression of the NRS-2 is by way of the special cartridge, which is used in certain handguns as well. The knife's barrel is just a short barrel. It is awkward to fire and meant for sentry or dog elimination. But effective range is about 7 yards. I have fired one a few times years ago and don't know of any in private hands. 

Edited by Arktis
Added info

Well for any of you people who might be keeping up with this post got some news todsy. I've managed to locate a source who will sell me the sheath only but not the knife. It looks like I'm gonna be happy with that. I'll rephrase that last sentence. It looks like I'm going to just be happy with the shealth only. Well it's better than nothing at all,  seeing as how I only want this item just to add to my collection. It isn't for nefarious reasons. Obviously.

Edited by motorcycling951
sentence correction

Forgot to add that the seller is located in the Ukraine. He wants  $150.00 per each shealth or scabbard it is made from what appears to be kevlar or maybe Russian equivalent to kevlar. To any of you guys that commented on this subject, do you think a hundred and fifty dollars is a fair price for the scabbard?

I haven't decided if I'm going to buy one or all three of them that he's got. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well possibly the last update regarding this subject. I finally received my scabbard only just as mentioned above. It's kinda cool actually I mean for being wgat it is, just a hardened shealth. On the bottom it has wire cutters attached to it. Presumably so Spetsnaz troops could cut through fences whole performing clandestine activities. Even though I cannot have the actual knife itself, at least I've got some part of it to add to my personal collection. Perhaps someday the knife will become legal for import and possession by civilians. Maybe, but not likely I know.