Problems for MG Owners in future

ericm

If you are referring to 41p, it simply requires that members of the trust or entity, who have control of the items, must submit photos and fingerprints just like someone submitting a transfer as an individual.

Since the requirement of the CLEO sign-off has been eliminated (the CLEO is simply notified) the greatest advantage of the trust/entity transfer has been eliminated.  In my opinion most people completed the trust/entity transfer because they could not get a signature.

Either way both choices remain and the NFA community was lucky that the rule change went the way it did.  

Participants in the NFA community always have to understand that there is some risk of change, but I think things will stay as they are long term.

I will continue to buy MGs if I like them and have the disposable income to add them to my collection.  All gun owners in general live with the fact that they could have to deal with legal changes, sometimes for the better, sometimes not.

I have been at this a long time and endured a lot of changes in what was acceptable or not . prior to the gun control act becoming law, visiting the local branch to get forms or answers was about the same as visiting the state game and fish office for maps etc.  form 4 information requirements were informal and varied AFTER GCA-68 the jack boots went on and all hell broke loose and we became adversary's . my assertion was if an unregistered receiver could put me in jeopardy , that's ALL that was required to be registered and the rest was non of their business.. all of my form 4's from that period have  "N/A" for over all length and brl length. maker was "govt arsenal from country in question"  even my ar15 forms show that and i was never called to question over it. most of my guns were purchased b4 1968 by me and put in my father or uncles name due to my age. when i turned 21 i paid the trans tax and put them all in my name and had no trouble. when i finally managed to buy my M-60's they kicked the forms back and required  oal and brl be on the forms. now i hear there are issue's with details like "swing down"  and push pin recievers etc. again  i contend the controlled item is all "they" control by law and we must jump through the hoops to get approval. but after that if i want to paint it yellow, put a hole in it its still registered and comply's with the law rulings be damned.   what they get away with now is almost criminal!! we are at the mercy of someones mood that changes from day to day.  at the 2014 poulin auction i bought 2 costa rican breda 30 mg's from the same 1938 contract 3 serial #'s apart. both were trans to the museum as C+R.  i filled out form 4's with C+R info. one was approved one not and the forms defaced with big red letters. i just sent the 4th set of forms in and am still waiting???   until they have to answer to someone this will continue and i feel it will only get worse?    mike