WTB: Steel RDIAS on a form 3, or form 4 if in TN.

Neo

Thanks for the support, where there's a will there's a way, that and the stars and planets align just right.  Already had a seller in TN contact me within an hour of my ad posting offering a Billistics RDIAS on form 4, but he said my $30k offer wasn't even ballpark, so this may not be happening.  Then I asked to see his proclaimed list of 30+ transferable MGs that he wasn't attached to in case there was something else we could come to terms on, but was told, "based on what you think a Billistics RDIAS is currently worth, it would be a waste of my time".  O.o  This feller has a talent for sniffing out tire kickers eh? 

coolhand, didn't you just buy that $30k Billistics RDIAS from subguns this last month that was listed on Apr 18, 2016?  As in the seller's full asking was $30k, not sure what you actually paid, could have been a bit less, often is. I mean, the last known full asking price was indeed $30k, and that was the only recent/valid price I had to go on. This seller who approaches me is the same guy who just sold a Norrell 10/22 thru sturm for $13.5k (which is thousands below what I just paid for one), so I figured an opening offer by price matching the most recent known full asking price of the exact same item was very much "ballbark" and not low-ball. I wasn't even given the opportunity to accept his counter offer since none was ever provided, instead I was given the finality of a 'Good luck."  Alas, I'm new to this hobby, still learning the ropes and apparently pricing doesn't always follow any conventional rules or logic (its a seller's market they say!). I'd say live and learn, but I'm not even sure where I fumbled. Ha!

I know you (coolhand) just bought a DLO pack for a fair price.  I tried to find the post about the RDIAS on HKpro but it probably got deleted, I'm thinking the RDIAS mention was in that DLO pack thread.  I thought that item was just AR15 stuff until I just learned, as in yesterday, that you can use a RDIAS in an HK416!  Now that would be a must have in a 10.5" barrel.  Something to bridge the gap between MP5 and M4 but with HK reliability.  I wish I knew this stuff months ago, about out of time here unless I find a motivated seller in TN, but thought I'd give it a try.

I even missed out on a Norrell 10/22 pack that sold for $13.5k (John Norrell told me this week that this was an average sale price for a pack with S&H sear) last month on here/sturm that was on a form 4 in TENNESSEE!!! (from the Billistics RDIAS seller), because I didn't realize it was a must have until recently.  So, I just capitulated and overnighted a bank check to the highly revered Frank for his GB listing: http://www.gunbroker.com/item/556992959

He only asked for 50/50 but I made payment for 100% since he agreed to start the form 3 to my local SOT pronto. I'm offering the same courtesy for Billistics RDIAS btw, 100% upfront.  I even checked with AutoWeapons.com, and here’s what they said, “Last Norrell pack we had was around 7 or 8 years ago.  Of the 16,000 plus NFA items that have come and gone over the years if we had a dime for every email about a Norrel pack we can stop selling NFA and live off the dimes. Don’t have a clue where they all went.”

Crazy, because they have like a dozen+ M16s and a score of HK machine gun transferable listed, which supported my decision to buyeth from Frank.  Anyways, I think this Billistics RDIAS will be the last big item on my WTB list now, then all will be right in the world before 41F.  If I break down and buy after 41F, should I put on individual form 4 to myself and keep separate from trust in order to keep my gun trust more incognito?  Or would that still make everything on my existing trust transparent since I'm the responsible person on the trust and also the same person collecting NFA stamps post 41F?

Update: As I suspected, the last Billistics RDIAS sold for < $30k off subguns.  Click this link for proof of this past but deleted listing.
Me: Curious. Was yours on form 3 or form 4? If form 4, at least I can tell myself it wasn’t a viable purchase anyway since I’m trying to get this in before 41F. Also, what was final sale price? Your asking of $30k, or a bit less?
Seller: Yeah F4, just under 30...

Source being Steve Nugent for these other goodies currenlty listed from his collection on subguns:
http://www.subguns.com/classifieds/index.cgi?website=&language=&session_key=&global_user_search=on&results_format=headlines&query=user&who_modified=stevenugent

Conclusion: My opening offer of $30k was > a recent confirmed sold price that occurred within the past 30 days. Hardly grounds for such premature reproach.

Edited by Neo

7 hours ago, Neo said:

Thanks for the support, where there's a will there's a way, that and the stars and planets align just right.  Already had a seller in TN contact me within an hour of my ad posting offering a Billistics RDIAS on form 4, but he said my $30k offer wasn't even ballpark, so this may not be happening.  Then I asked to see his proclaimed list of 30+ transferable MGs that he wasn't attached to in case there was something else we could come to terms on, but was told, "based on what you think a Billistics RDIAS is currently worth, it would be a waste of my time".  O.o  This feller has a talent for sniffing out tire kickers eh? 

coolhand, didn't you just buy that $30k Billistics RDIAS from subguns this last month that was listed on Apr 18, 2016?  As in the seller's full asking was $30k, not sure what you actually paid, could have been a bit less, often is. I mean, the last known full asking price was indeed $30k, and that was the only recent/valid price I had to go on. This seller who approaches me is the same guy who just sold a Norrell 10/22 thru sturm for $13.5k (which is thousands below what I just paid for one), so I figured an opening offer by price matching the most recent known full asking price of the exact same item was very much "ballbark" and not low-ball. I wasn't even given the opportunity to accept his counter offer since none was ever provided, instead I was given the finality of a 'Good luck."  Alas, I'm new to this hobby, still learning the ropes and apparently pricing doesn't always follow any conventional rules or logic (its a seller's market they say!). I'd say live and learn, but I'm not even sure where I fumbled. Ha!

I know you (coolhand) just bought a DLO pack for a fair price.  I tried to find the post about the RDIAS on HKpro but it probably got deleted, I'm thinking the RDIAS mention was in that DLO pack thread.  I thought that item was just AR15 stuff until I just learned, as in yesterday, that you can use a RDIAS in an HK416!  Now that would be a must have in a 10.5" barrel.  Something to bridge the gap between MP5 and M4 but with HK reliability.  I wish I knew this stuff months ago, about out of time here unless I find a motivated seller in TN, but thought I'd give it a try.

I even missed out on a Norrell 10/22 pack that sold for $13.5k (John Norrell told me this week that this was an average sale price for a pack with S&H sear) last month on here/sturm that was on a form 4 in TENNESSEE!!! (from the Billistics RDIAS seller), because I didn't realize it was a must have until recently.  So, I just capitulated and overnighted a bank check to the highly revered Frank for his GB listing: http://www.gunbroker.com/item/556992959

He only asked for 50/50 but I made payment for 100% since he agreed to start the form 3 to my local SOT pronto. I'm offering the same courtesy for Billistics RDIAS btw, 100% upfront.  I even checked with AutoWeapons.com, and here’s what they said, “Last Norrell pack we had was around 7 or 8 years ago.  Of the 16,000 plus NFA items that have come and gone over the years if we had a dime for every email about a Norrel pack we can stop selling NFA and live off the dimes. Don’t have a clue where they all went.”

Crazy, because they have like a dozen+ M16s and a score of HK machine gun transferable listed, which supported my decision to buyeth from Frank.  Anyways, I think this Billistics RDIAS will be the last big item on my WTB list now, then all will be right in the world before 41F.  If I break down and buy after 41F, should I put on individual form 4 to myself and keep separate from trust in order to keep my gun trust more incognito?  Or would that still make everything on my existing trust transparent since I'm the responsible person on the trust and also the same person collecting NFA stamps post 41F?

Update: As I suspected, the last Billistics RDIAS sold for < $30k off subguns.  Click this link for proof of this past but deleted listing.
Me: Curious. Was yours on form 3 or form 4? If form 4, at least I can tell myself it wasn’t a viable purchase anyway since I’m trying to get this in before 41F. Also, what was final sale price? Your asking of $30k, or a bit less?
Seller: Yeah F4, just under 30...

Source being Steve Nugent for these other goodies currenlty listed from his collection on subguns:
http://www.subguns.com/classifieds/index.cgi?website=&language=&session_key=&global_user_search=on&results_format=headlines&query=user&who_modified=stevenugent

Conclusion: My opening offer of $30k was > a recent confirmed sold price that occurred within the past 30 days. Hardly grounds for such premature reproach.

The thing people don't get is that there is no rhyme or reason to the NFA market. I bought that sear from Steve. It came with a host which is $1500~ worth. He said he had a couple of emails after mine. There is no control, no set standard. To upset you even more I also got the drop in for $24,000 but that was in March or so off subguns. Yes it's a sellers market, stuff is worth what people are willing to pay for it. Just have to be lucky and online at the right time. I think $30k was low considering you want it sooner then later. Just for example the last drop in Frank had was listed for a buy it now of $34,000 and it sold with in an hour. The guy has one, it's in state, if I wanted it before 41f I'd be at the mercy of who ever offered to sell it to me. It's funny you say about a norrell pack for $13,500 as that's what I paid for mine(are you stalking me!?!) but mine didn't come out of Tn. So it must have been from a different seller. 

Edited by damcv62
Sellers market, not buyers

47 minutes ago, damcv62 said:

The thing people don't get is that there is no rhyme or reason to the NFA market. I bought that sear from Steve. It came with a host which is $1500~ worth. He said he had a couple of emails after mine. There is no control, no set standard. To upset you even more I also got the drop in for $24,000 but that was in March or so of subguns. Yes it's a buyers market, stuff is worth what people are willing to pay for it. Just have to be lucky and online at the right time. I think $30k was low considering you want it sooner then later. Just for example the last drop in Frank had was listed for a buy it now of $34,000 and it sold with in an hour. The guy has one, it's in state, if I wanted it before 41f I'd be at the mercy of who ever offered to sell it to me. It's funny you say about a norrell pack for $13,500 as that's what I paid for mine(are you stalking me!?!) but mine didn't come out of Tn. So it must have been from a different seller. 

Yup! He's the man! :)

Geez man, 20% less than his full asking, $24k just this past month (with a host gun) for that $30k Billistics listing. And yet you also agree with the seller, that my opening offer of $30k was too darn low. Ya, no rhyme or reason at all here. To keep everyone in high spirits, my stubbornly consistent buying stratagem has been "I'll take it", but when no price is offered, all I have to go on is the last known full asking price that I was aware of. Btw, your purchase price of $24k is on target, $25k would be median: http://www.machinegunpriceguide.com/html/sears_0.html

Knowing what I do now, no way I'd pay $35k+ (no clue what the seller wants, $30k wasn't worth his time to counter after all) for a loose RDIAS without a host just because a month ticked by.

Regarding Frank's listing at $34k, and this is Frank we're talking about (he commands premiums), he probably sold for whatever his reserve was, which is basically what I did for his Norrell 10/22. His said he would accept $16k and so that is what I paid. I certainly didn't try to talk him any lower. Using the ratio of $16k actual purchase price versus $19k buy-it-now of Frank's Norrell 10/22, that places his $34k Billistics RDIAS buy-it-now at a possible and probable $28k sold price.

You know, I gave this some thought. What really makes sense is that this TN seller that claims to have just sold a Norrell 10/22 on sturm for $13.5k but balks at a $30k initial offer for a bare RDIAS and tells a motivated buyer to take a hike, really doesn't have chit for sale. The logical thing to do would be to 'shut up and take my money', if he actually had anything to sell. Am I right?!

Edited by Neo

6 hours ago, Neo said:

Geez man, 20% less than his full asking, $24k just this past month (with a host gun) for that $30k Billistics listing. And yet you also agree with the seller, that my opening offer of $30k was too darn low. Ya, no rhyme or reason at all here. To keep everyone in high spirits, my stubbornly consistent buying stratagem has been "I'll take it", but when no price is offered, all I have to go on is the last known full asking price that I was aware of. Btw, your purchase price of $24k is on target, $25k would be median: http://www.machinegunpriceguide.com/html/sears_0.html

Knowing what I do now, no way I'd pay $35k+ (no clue what the seller wants, $30k wasn't worth his time to counter after all) for a loose RDIAS without a host just because a month ticked by.

Regarding Frank's listing at $34k, and this is Frank we're talking about (he commands premiums), he probably sold for whatever his reserve was, which is basically what I did for his Norrell 10/22. His said he would accept $16k and so that is what I paid. I certainly didn't try to talk him any lower. Using the ratio of $16k actual purchase price versus $19k buy-it-now of Frank's Norrell 10/22, that places his $34k Billistics RDIAS buy-it-now at a possible and probable $28k sold price.

You know, I gave this some thought. What really makes sense is that this TN seller that claims to have just sold a Norrell 10/22 on sturm for $13.5k but balks at a $30k initial offer for a bare RDIAS and tells a motivated buyer to take a hike, really doesn't have chit for sale. The logical thing to do would be to 'shut up and take my money', if he actually had anything to sell. Am I right?!

No, you aren't right. Because I know Frank's sear sold for $34,000. I know the buyer. And it was three months from the $24,000 sear, not one. The market moved up. You waited, if you want a commodity for what it was selling for three months ago you are out of luck. I'd like to buy more silver at $13.53 an oz(which it was selling for three months ago). Think there is a seller in their right might who would offer that? 

Another example is the NIB M16A2 .gov prop marked gun Frank sold for $38k buy it now a couple of months ago. Then all of a sudden a couple pop up for $28-30,000. At the time frank sold his someone thought the market was at $38k. For that buyer, the market was $38,000. Two-three weeks later the market was $28-30,000. Who was right? Markets go up. Markets go down. There is no sure thing. Depends on what you want when you decide to buy an item like a transferable MG. 

I said it before and I'll say it again, there is no rhyme or reason to the NFA market. 

30K is definitely not "market" on that Billistics RDIAS.  It may be that one sold at that level but that was a one-off; an aluminum RDIAS sold for 32K in less than a day.

As to the M16A2s, it happens there is a temporary supply glut as one particular guy is disposing of his many examples.  They will be 38K again and represent a strong buy.

As for Norrell packs, wow.  Those are hard to find and going for big money these days.  15K plus.

• 3 weeks later...

No longer looking for just a Billistics RDIAS, any steel RDIAS will do. A scammer contacted me thru subguns from the email of (Cook shell, paullannacook51@gmail.com) poorly posing as Steven Gilbert. Scammer didn't even bother to register a more plausible email, couldn't provide any forum account, eBay, GB account references, and dodged the phone. I asked for a pic of the RDIAS with its serial facing the camera, lying next his his driver license, with all resting on top of the matching form 3, and he sends me this today:
RDIAS_scam.jpg
Notice how the shadow of the RDIAS does not cast over the corner of the floating, lower resolution, and obviously cropped DL picture.  This attempt reminds me of something as silly as this official NASA video of the moon floating past the Earth:

Official NASA video, “This animation features actual satellite images of the far side of the moon, illuminated by the sun, as it crosses between the DSCOVR spacecraft's Earth Polychromatic Imaging Camera (EPIC) and telescope, and the Earth - one million miles away.”

Naturally, NASA must disable comments for the video. But how can anyone think this is real? That’s a time lapse yet the weather/clouds never change, moon doesn’t rotate to continue facing earth. All surfaces are fully illuminated. Wouldn’t the moon cast a massive shadow on the Earth? Stars anyone?

Edited by Neo

Gotcha, so its like settling for an HK S&H vs the heat treated Fleming or Qualified sears. The stigma is even more pronounced with the aluminum vs steel RDIAS though, and I suppose that has pushed me to the steelist bandwagon. Thanks for advice, but I'm holding out for steel. Saw this aluminum listing shortly after it was posted and didn't give it a consideration, it was also on an out of state form 4 though.

Hi Neo,

Just as a reference, I purchased a steel JCB RDIAS along with a LWRC M6 SBR and M4 2000 all for $32k about 6 weeks ago from a very reputable seller here on Sturm.

Really solid transaction.

Good luck on the RDIAS search. I never even gave the HK416 a thought, but now you have clued me in, I'm off to the races on that idea which will be awesome on my HK collection. Nice !

Thanks

Jim

If you buy out of state, it really doesn't matter if it is on a form 3 or 4 at this point.  Neither will beat the deadline.  I'm waiting on form 3s from 3+ months ago still.  Good luck on the hunt.  The steel RDIASs are the two first machine guns I ever bought and probably my most used!

• 2 weeks later...