bdcgunroom

MP43/STG44 Hammer Pin Removal

7 posts in this topic

I'm trying to remove the hammer pin and replace the hammer on a MP43 build. The pins seem to be riveted in or have a small flange on each end. What is the best method for removal ?

Jack B in Shawnee

jack, I would hope someone has a better solution, but I did 17 rewatts years ago that needed refinish afterwards, I spot drilled the flange out and made new pins then staked them back like original. I still see no way around it??????     good luck mike

I only accept postal money orders. contact me DIRECTLY before sending any funds                                           email  myoldiron@outlook.com        

Thank you, Sir. I was hoping to be able to be lazy... Well, on the bright side, I'll add to my "skills". If I'm manufacturing a new pin, what is your opinion on using E-clips to retain it?

Thank you again.

I have used "e " clips in several applications and never had a problem. it will certainly make the system user friendly but wiil be very obvious. you can always go back to the original design at a later date. I say go for it

I only accept postal money orders. contact me DIRECTLY before sending any funds                                           email  myoldiron@outlook.com        

Thanks!

Mike,

I ended up grinding then re-staking the hammer pin without any problems.

I then discover I am missing the firing pin "tappet". I don't know what else to call it and none of the schematics even show it. It rides in the bolt carrier/gas piston and hits the back of the firing pin. Any advice? I've searched and come up with nothing. If I have to make it, any idea on dimensions?

Thanks for all your help

-Jack

jack, I have a spare in my bin. would be glad to loan it for a reverse engineer job if that helps  no its not for sale ! but glad to help if I can  cheer's mike