M1 Carbine Magazines

RON IN PA

ron, I suggest you visit the carbine collectors club. david albert one of the owners of this site is a member and posted a link to join is how I found it. those guys know their stuff with NO BULL and will set you straight. for my two cents worth  I don't have mags in front of me to tell you the markings but over the years its become easy to tell them at a glance due to how the metal is joined at the rear. some of mine are marked SEY, which I have assumed is seymore mfg. most are not marked I got all my carbine stuff in the late 50's and early 60's thank god before the aftermarket craze took hold and are unquestionably original.  in a lo tof parts I got at rock island auctions I found 40 or so what I'm told are European surplus 30 rnd mags from govt arsenals a few have AY  and others have  AYO stamps . they are equal to my USGI 30's.and run perfect in my guns, while the springs hold up well. I have seen them for sale at the creek so must be available..  important to know  NONE OF THE M2 MARKED MAGS ARE GI. they are after narket and most don't work! I see them offered as USGI originals on gunbrkr  often so beware  best I can do, maybe  david will see your post and set you straight. good luck mike

ron, I suggest you visit the carbine collectors club. david albert one of the owners of this site is a member and posted a link to join is how I found it. those guys know their stuff with NO BULL and will set you straight. for my two cents worth  I don't have mags in front of me to tell you the markings but over the years its become easy to tell them at a glance due to how the metal is joined at the rear. some of mine are marked SEY, which I have assumed is seymore mfg. most are not marked I got all my carbine stuff in the late 50's and early 60's thank god before the aftermarket craze took hold and are unquestionably original.  in a lo tof parts I got at rock island auctions I found 40 or so what I'm told are European surplus 30 rnd mags from govt arsenals a few have AY  and others have  AYO stamps . they are equal to my USGI 30's.and run perfect in my guns, while the springs hold up well. I have seen them for sale at the creek so must be available..  important to know  NONE OF THE M2 MARKED MAGS ARE GI. they are after narket and most don't work! I see them offered as USGI originals on gunbrkr  often so beware  best I can do, maybe  david will see your post and set you straight. good luck mike