Best Firearm Publications for Full Auto

chaosrob

Back issues of Machine Gun News and Small Arms Review are the best widely available ones.  They are on eBay frequently.  I'm not aware of any current print monthly on NFA but would love to hear if there is one.  

Edited by philasteen

Small Arms Review (SAR) still covers NFA, although their focus has certainly changed in the past 18 months or so to mostly black rifles.  It's not the same as it used to be.  I will say that Dan Shea's article that just came out in the current issue covering possible amnesty scenarios was great.  I really enjoyed reading it.  You can still read some great articles by Frank Iannamico, and Robert Segel, also. There will be some Thompson articles coming out by Tom Davis soon.  I have not submitted an article in a while.  My last one, covering the M1917 Carbine was initially accepted, and then rejected because they were only going to feature one article on historical firearms per issue, and had many in the queue.  Granted, the M1917 is not a machine gun, but I thought that a newly documented, officially sanctioned U.S. small arm of WWII would be something that readers would want to learn about.  I still need to shop the article to other magazines.  

David Albert
dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 7:55 PM, David Albert said:

but I thought that a newly documented, officially sanctioned U.S. small arm of WWII would be something that readers would want to learn about.  I still need to shop the article to other magazines.  

DAVID , I cant agree more . while I'm anxious to keep up with all the latest trends and new gizmo's. straight accurate information on the past is not often available and  the new folks along with those of us not so informed can find this information invaluable,possibly leading to a new exciting category to collect. frankly I'm getting tired of the "factual information" thrown at us in a certain publication  which seems to be a LOOK AT WHAT I GOT when you get through  as the only published source for NFA info and miss the old small arms review. I think this accounts for a lot of  the popularity of sturm. a tremendous amount of information gets passed on by knowledgeable folks that have no other venue to share it on    KEEP IT UP!!