Tightening up a Westie

MR 60

Will increasing the diameter of a frame latch tighten up a West Hurley Thompson "a little bit". I'm not really that familiar with all the workings of my Westies but I'm learning. I've taken one apart cleaned, oiled it and made quite an improvement over first receiving it. Maybe some day PK will get them to really do a full deal on them.

Hey David, thanks for the heads up! I never got into Machinegunboards.com that far. Didn't realize all the info available. It's a great site and being a NE Ohio boy looks like there are a lot of guys and events to meet and go to with my 2 Westies. You and your brother are really doing a great service. I hope these sites pick up some younger guys to keep these collectables in good working order and out running through 45 ammo.

Regards, 

James P Gough

31 minutes ago, MR 60 said:

Hey David, thanks for the heads up! I never got into Machinegunboards.com that far. Didn't realize all the info available. It's a great site and being a NE Ohio boy looks like there are a lot of guys and events to meet and go to with my 2 Westies. You and your brother are really doing a great service. I hope these sites pick up some younger guys to keep these collectables in good working order and out running through 45 ammo.

Regards, 

James P Gough

MR 60,

Thanks for the kind words about Machinegunboards.com.  

You are probably within 100 miles or so of the heart of Thompson Submachine Gun events and historical study.  This is also the 100th anniversary of the beginning of Auto-Ordnance.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

North East Ohio huh??  Your within 1 1/2-2 hours of the Thompson Collectors Association show and shoot that'll be held in Sept.  The same range will be hosting a "Thompson fun shoot" in May but any and all machine guns are welcome to attend.